Cage opinions wanted

Hella Supra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I am finally at the point where a cage is a smart move. Actually probably past that point, but at least I am addressing it now.

My car is now 100% track use. I wont be renewing registration next year.

Looking at cage/roll bar options and it seems like the choice's come down to doing a roll bar/half cage or a custom full cage.

Anyone out there have a custom full cage, that would share some pictures? For those that have the half cage/bars, do you think it is enough and which ones seem to actually provide a safety increase over looks?

I run mostly with NASA if it matters, but will likely expand into SCCA in 2024.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hella Supra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
First car I have gone this route with. A custom cage is fine by me. I will find someone in the area to fab it.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Just be sure to do your due diligence and find a competent fabricator who is comfortable building a cage to NASA and SCCA rules.

Please post pictures of your cage when you're done!

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have the Studio RSR half cage and I love it for what it is. There's already been a Supra wrecked with one and it did its job. That being said if I had a track only car then custom full cage would be the only option.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have the Studio RSR half cage and I love it for what it is. There's already been a Supra wrecked with one and it did its job. That being said if I had a track only car then custom full cage would be the only option.
Roll bars are definitely better than nothing. Good to know they hold up. šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Donā€™t get anything that rivets inā€¦ even a roll bar should have reinforcement plates welded in and the cage bolted to it.