Calling all Canadians!

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
My dealer told me the same no idea. Either I take the black they had coming in or wait till next year.
I'm hoping that we see something in August alongside the US premiums.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I'm hoping that we see something in August alongside the US premiums.
I'm gonna be pissed if another shipment comes that soon lol. I was told nothing for a while that's why I took black over waiting for a red.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Who ever is getting their white one from Mayfield Toyota in Edmonton. Keep tabs on your car.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
So now do I wait for the next years car with the z4 b58 or do I cut my losses and go look at caymans or m2s. Being one of the first with the car was really appealing to me and now that itā€™s essentially not happening itā€™s kinda soured the whole thing for me so I donā€™t know what to do now.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
So now do I wait for the next years car with the z4 b58 or do I cut my losses and go look at caymans or m2s. Being one of the first with the car was really appealing to me and now that itā€™s essentially not happening itā€™s kinda soured the whole thing for me so I donā€™t know what to do now.
I feel your pain - and those are nice options but I can tell you that once I say Iā€™m mine yesterday Iā€™m convinced I made the right choice. In real life the car is very different than photos ! The fit and finish inside and out is impeccable.
Get a Supra - even next year there will still only be under 1000 in Canada- and probably just a few in Alberta.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just wait. Sign a contract stating you're getting the next one coming in. It's so nice in person.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
I'm in the same boat. The dealer I have the deposit with is useless. They are only expecting to receive 1 and they are supposed to be a big dealer with President award but I've spoken to smaller dealers that got 2 already and expecting a 3rd car. So I'm on the fence if I should keep waiting or try to bid over MSRP from another dealership. Or jump to another car like Porsche, Corvette and bmw z4.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So apparently there is no wireless charger in the car

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain - and those are nice options but I can tell you that once I say Iā€™m mine yesterday Iā€™m convinced I made the right choice. In real life the car is very different than photos ! The fit and finish inside and out is impeccable.
Get a Supra - even next year there will still only be under 1000 in Canada- and probably just a few in Alberta.
I would for sure wait if I could get confirmation on when itā€™ll arrive. Another thing is the wife and I are going to Greece for two weeks in sept, then when we get back I go for foot surgery which makes me not be able to drive for three month, so by the time Iā€™m able to drive again itā€™ll be winter. Donā€™t feel like getting the car just for it to sit in the garage till spring

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
So apparently there is no wireless charger in the car
Hmmm, Toyota.ca page says this:

Like its 1990s predecessor, the 2020 Toyota Supra will be equipped as a premium GT, with a deft balance of function and premium comfort and convenience features. Keyless Smart Entry, dual automatic climate control, auto-dimming rearview mirrors, rear camera, rain sensor windshield wipers, garage door opener, power folding mirrors, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel will be standard.

Standard active safety features include forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane departure warning with steering assist, automatic high beam and road sign assist. Additional active safety and convenience features are adaptive full speed cruise control, blind spot monitor, rear cross traffic alert and rear end collision warning.

The new-generation Supra will of course deliver a state-of-the-art multimedia and connectivity experience. It will get an 8.8-inch touchscreen display with navigation, rotary touch controller, Supra Connect telematics services, wireless Apple CarPlay, a premium 12-speaker JBL audio system, and wireless phone charging.
I guess it doesn't say that you get everything past the first paragraph tho. Yet more ambiguity from Toyota about the Supra...

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmmm, Toyota.ca page says this:

I guess it doesn't say that you get everything past the first paragraph tho. Yet more ambiguity from Toyota about the Supra...
Ya I checked the files on their system. Dealer is family and got to look at internal spec sheets and wireless was not listed.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Currently looking a M2 Competitions with the 6-speed manul.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Ya I checked the files on their system. Dealer is family and got to look at internal spec sheets and wireless was not listed.
A dealer printed me off some internal doc a while ago that I think (the doc is at home) lists the HUD, rear cross traffic alert, wireless charging, etc as an extra ~$1500 - I just assumed it was wrong. That kinda sucks, I wanted the wireless charging.

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My dealer printed me off some internal doc a while ago that I think (the doc is at home) lists the HUD, rear cross traffic alert, wireless charging, etc as an extra ~$1500 - I just assumed it was wrong. That kinda sucks, I wanted the wireless charging.
Maybe those were the US spec sheets? cause I thought Canadian one was fully loaded

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
I think I give up at this point ;) I'll just wait to see what arrives at my dealer - could be a horse drawn carriage for all I know...
Sponsored