Camera mount - GoPro/Phone/Etc

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Hey all, making my first thread topic here.

I bought my supra a couple of weeks ago with the intent to track it come spring. I have been searching for a good camera mount solution for the aluminum rear crossbar and finally found a solid solution that doesn't cost a fortune.

I purchased this mount from Flight Flix. Its original intent is for mounting onto airplanes but as you can see in these photos, it works well for our cars as well!

The great thing about this mount is you can basically screw in ANY type of extension to mount a GoPro, SLR camera, phone, etc. I chose to use a RAM mount Ball screw because I already had a bunch of RAM mounts from when I tracked my Evo. RAM mount makes adapters for pretty much everything, so using this Flight Flix solution allows you to basically use anything you want.

The Flight Flix mount + RAM ball screw-in mount cost me $53

Itemized list:
Flight Flix Rock Steady Base: $39
FlightFlix RAM ball with HD stud: $9.99
2" long screws: $3.99

I need to charge my GoPro so I can get actual driving footage, but for now, check out the photos. I definitely look forward to using this at track events come spring.

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

IMG_3999.jpeg
Sponsored

404nd2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla MYP | 2020 Supra
Perfect! I've been looking for something like this. I've got a long-ish RAM mount arm from a previous car, this looks like a great solution.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
even the large spring loaded go pro clamps work on that bar.

That location is good at capturing the driver. But the picture usually washes out trying to look through the windshield. fwiw

I have better video mounting one on the dash also

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I tried that position and maybe its my old-ass camera (garmin virb elite, 2013) but the metering was too messed up to see out the window.

I settled on helmet mount... my sticky mount was too high (originally there for karting) but I was able to flip the camera upside down so it's only bout an inch higher than eye level. If I had one-two more links I could get it right at eye level so the mirror is out of the way lol.

Regardless what you do I would get some test shots beforehand.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does this add significant rigidity to the chassis? What are some good aftermarket ones?
The stock bar is paper thin, rattles and is attached by tissue thin pot metal. Get a real harness bar or half cage.

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MK5
I just use the mount from GoPro called "Gumby". it`s basically two straps that are more rigid and that can be attached by themselves. Works perfect at the stock strut bar in the Supra and is indeed a very nice angle for recording.
Sponsored