Canadian Manual Transmission Allocations

RandomGuy7890

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
I'm starting to get really anxious now. Placed my name on the list for a 2023 MT, in CU Later Grey, in early Sep 2022, at Country Hills Toyota in Calgary, AB. I was told March 2023. Called the dealer and they said still no allocation yet. I really hope Toyota comes through for Canada.
I don't want to be the bearer of more bad news but if an allocation does come in, expect Country Hills to mark it up. They received a GR Corolla Core and marked it up to like 70+tax... Sad thing is that someone bought it...
Sponsored

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
It's really frustrating how car companies bring out newly released vehicles and can't even meet half of the demand.. especially here in Canada we seem to be an after thought.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
It's really frustrating how car companies bring out newly released vehicles and can't even meet half of the demand.. especially here in Canada we seem to be an after thought.
Well we are just coming out of logistics nightmare with supply chain issues, factory shut downs, chip shortages, etc. Can't expect a niche car like the supra to be pumping out cars at max capacity. Allocation was low pre pandemic as well.

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
Well we are just coming out of logistics nightmare with supply chain issues, factory shut downs, chip shortages, etc. Can't expect a niche car like the supra to be pumping out cars at max capacity. Allocation was low pre pandemic as well.
I understand this is a niche product and we are still recovering from the pandemic.. but I feel with manufacturing slowly starting to ramp up, there could be more Supras produced or at least allocations in Canada shouldn't take a year.. maybe I'm expecting too much? It just sucks when people are being told by dealers they will only receive one or two Supras for the entire year. Might not be entirely Toyota's fault but Toyota Canada's fault for only ordering a small number of MT Supras? I don't know what part of Canada you are from but months prior to the pandemic here, three Toyota dealerships I visited had one or two Supras and was told by those that didnt have any in stock would have to order and wait 2 months for delivery.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I understand this is a niche product and we are still recovering from the pandemic.. but I feel with manufacturing slowly starting to ramp up, there could be more Supras produced or at least allocations in Canada shouldn't take a year.. maybe I'm expecting too much? It just sucks when people are being told by dealers they will only receive one or two Supras for the entire year. Might not be entirely Toyota's fault but Toyota Canada's fault for only ordering a small number of MT Supras? I don't know what part of Canada you are from but months prior to the pandemic here, three Toyota dealerships I visited had one or two Supras and was told by those that didnt have any in stock would have to order and wait 2 months for delivery.
Dealers getting 1 or 2 a year for allocation probably includes AT to. My dealer only got in 1 maybe two a year pre pandemic. I'm in Saskatchewan.

DanzBurG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 MT Supra, '10 Yaris, '19 Fit
Dealers getting 1 or 2 a year for allocation probably includes AT to. My dealer only got in 1 maybe two a year pre pandemic. I'm in Saskatchewan.
My dealer pretty much told me the same thing when I was ordering. Roughly 2 a year so far (since it's launch in 2020) and that includes automatics. I think its safe to say if you're not in at least the top 5 at your dealer it's probably going to be hard to get a hold of the 2023. You'd have to really look around at this point if you want to only pay MSRP. I believe someone mentioned earlier Maple Toyota has one but be prepared to pay for all the stupid add-ons..

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
I guess that makes sense.. Saskatchewan dealerships probably don't stock many Supras? I'm from Toronto so dealers here may have more inventory.. at least prepandemic wise?

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
My dealer pretty much told me the same thing when I was ordering. Roughly 2 a year so far (since it's launch in 2020) and that includes automatics. I think its safe to say if you're not in at least the top 5 at your dealer it's probably going to be hard to get a hold of the 2023. You'd have to really look around at this point if you want to only pay MSRP. I believe someone mentioned earlier Maple Toyota has one but be prepared to pay for all the stupid add-ons..
If that's the case.. might have to start looking into the new M2. But damn that thing looks ugly. Although the M2 probably already has a waiting list too.

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
There's a LONG line for the M2 as well.
I'm sure there already is a substantial waiting list for the new M2. But I'm thinking delivery would be quicker compared to the MT Supra.. BMW prioritize the build time of the new M2 more so than the Supra.. idk I'm just thinking out of my ass here? If only the M2 looked as good as the last gen I would have already put down a deposit months ago.

hamchin

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, A3 Audi,
I think most dealers get only about 1-2 supras a year. If you aren't 1st or 2nd on a wait list, I don't think you're getting a 2023. Maybe high volume dealers get more, but who knows.
Hm, I went around the smaller cities/suburbs around montreal, there were 4+ names on their waiting list on 3 dealerships. Tried my luck on a dealership on a bigger city closer to montreal and found out they had an AT msrp unsold on showroom but ended up shipping it to another dealership a few months later, I'm still waiting on my MT since I wanted it towards July/August. What yall think the chances are?

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Hm, I went around the smaller cities/suburbs around montreal, there were 4+ names on their waiting list on 3 dealerships. Tried my luck on a dealership on a bigger city closer to montreal and found out they had an AT msrp unsold on showroom but ended up shipping it to another dealership a few months later, I'm still waiting on my MT since I wanted it towards July/August. What yall think the chances are?
depends where you are on the list. I’m the first at my dealer in mtl and delivery is scheduled for mid April. It’s a high volume dealer and they’re only expecting 3 MT this year

hamchin

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, A3 Audi,
depends where you are on the list. I’m the first at my dealer in mtl and delivery is scheduled for mid April. It’s a high volume dealer and they’re only expecting 3 MT this year
Ohhh dang, how long did you wait? I'm first and the only one on their list but not sure if I should place some orders on different dealers as well

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Ohhh dang, how long did you wait? I'm first and the only one on their list but not sure if I should place some orders on different dealers as well
I ordered April 28th 2022 and the car will be delivered mid April 2023. Almost a year in total.

Placing a deposit and multiple dealerships won’t hurt

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Considering the issues I've read about this manual, fate is probably doing you a favor to think again... (?)
Sponsored