jabba678

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Hi Guys,

I have my 2021 supra lowered on HKS springs to no wheel gap on stock wheels with PS4s tires on stock tire size. Since I lowered the car I noticed that the steering feels uneven when driving the highway and I can give a few examples of it.

• When turning against the crown the highway, steering wheels like there is detent
  • Car often feels like it wants to pull a different direction from where the steering wheel is
  • After completing a turn and moving the wheel back to the center there is often uneven resistance and the wheel just doesn't feel right

Got an 3 alignments recently and retightened the front sway bar and nothing seems to be helping. Front toe is 0 with 2 degrees of camber and the rear has a total toe of .38 with 2 degrees of camber as well. Looked in bumpsteer and it seems like that's my issue so I was thinking about buying the SPL tire tod ends and then getting an alignment afterwards. Has anyone had a similar experience or know if the tire rod ends will fix my issue? Can attach pics if needed.

Thanks Guys!
Sponsored

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Honestly same set up on my 23, and it does it a good bit as well, its just kinda how these cars feel, both my supra's had pretty meh steering, not one of the strong suits, it always feels like it kinda wallows or very dead on center, and kinda has sway, especially under full throttle.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Please post alignment sheet. Stock sway bar?

OP
OP
jabba678

jabba678

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Will post in a bit but yes stock sway bar and made sure everything was tight.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
20230911_125516.jpg

yeah sorry that picture job irks me. some improved attempt

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You don't have lane assist on and changing lanes/turning without using your turn signals, correct?

OP
OP
jabba678

jabba678

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have a lane assistant off, only collision prevention and the blind spot monitor.

sterlingsupra

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I need assistance on this as well. Im in AZ its like some roads are smooth but others... When the wheel is straight the first 10 degrees or so to the left or right is like it jumps to 10 degrees from straight. Then the rest of the turn is smooth...

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I need assistance on this as well. Im in AZ its like some roads are smooth but others... When the wheel is straight the first 10 degrees or so to the left or right is like it jumps to 10 degrees from straight. Then the rest of the turn is smooth...
Seems like it's a normal thing. I got new tires, plus alignment and the car still does this.
Sponsored