Carbon fiber, how do you feel about it?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Small accents in carbon look good (lips, spoilers, etc.). Large replacement panels like fenders, hoods, etc. look bad in full carbon and should be painted IMO.
Exactly
Sponsored

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Do what you think is ok.. If that makes sense to you cuz at the end of the day it's your car.

Eman

First Name
Immanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Soon to be supra
Maybe I feel different because mine is white. I like the contrast of the carbon on lip kits, wings, spoilers. I almost got fenders but I would want those painted. I personally have the Aimgain 7pc kit in carbon and love the way it looks.
ED334E65-364C-49B6-9654-04E170EC79BE.jpeg

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
The "look" you're going for could very well get lost on a black car.

OP
OP
Mrgolde

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Yea I really like the look on the carbon fiber on black, because you cant really tell until you walk up to the car to see that its carbon fiber.

I agree that wings, skrits, lips would look good unpainted, but hood or fenders would prob need to be painted.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
My opinion on carbon fiber is as long as it isn't vanity based, then there's no problem. CF interior trim is quite nice if it isn't overdone and prevents excessive gloss black. Stick-on CF is definitely more toward the gaudy side. For something that's strictly vanity like a duckbill spoiler, CF is definitely acceptable. A CF hood painted while leaving vents exposed and cleared over? That's money.

But for something like a lip or side skirts, unless you're flush with cash, I'd rather get something like a Maxton lip and just treat it as a disposable trim piece. I'm still on the fence with some of the CF offerings like fenders and even the hatch.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
I think on a black car you get a little more leeway.. this is the EOS Artisan kit (lip, side skirts, rear spats), factory cf mirror caps and rexspeed cf hood vents. I'm waiting to source an LG Heritage wing that I will paint match but leave the underside of it cf.. and then I'm DONE!

PXL_20230207_163030445.jpg

PXL_20230207_163813810.jpg

PXL_20230211_181101361.jpg

What do you guys think about this interior piece though ? (Cause I'm about to install it haha)

brnugkmmchyie77yavrp~2.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The "look" you're going for could very well get lost on a black car.
Even on phantom grey it’s hard to tell

F7A75DD5-E993-451F-92DC-76DFD5D84B04.jpeg

96AEFB6A-FB95-48F0-8B48-3651F1ED5C71.jpeg

I think on white it would look great! But mine is solely for looks and it’s PPF. Wasn’t going to do the roof but said what the hell when I saw that stuff 😂

Last edited:

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
I think on a black car you get a little more leeway.. this is the EOS Artisan kit (lip, side skirts, rear spats), factory cf mirror caps and rexspeed cf hood vents. I'm waiting to source an LG Heritage wing that I will paint match but leave the underside of it cf.. and then I'm DONE!

PXL_20230207_163030445.jpg

PXL_20230207_163813810.jpg

PXL_20230211_181101361.jpg

What do you guys think about this interior piece though ? (Cause I'm about to install it haha)

brnugkmmchyie77yavrp~2.jpg
Car looks great as is. I really like the sides and spats. I personally don’t like the hood vents and think any more an you could easily over do. But you do you. Your car and looks great.

I also like that interior piece. I did that and the NVS cubbby which replaces oem. It really completes the cf center console and looks oem but barely noticeable.

MyMKV

First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So I've got a phantom gray that I just put a carbon fiber mb spoiler on. I personally think mine looks great. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of carbon fiber but accents look great. I've attached a Pic for you guys.

20230106_114907.jpg

Drew25

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Concerning your Seibon wing:

It being me? I would paint the exterior to match the body but leave the underside of the wing exposed carbon. Have a smooth clean break line on the front and back.

Concerning interior carbon:

The only thing I would do carbon fiber in the interior would be the NVS carbon cubby. Why? It makes the center console and trans/driveshaft tunnel look perfectly seamless Like it should have been from OEM. ANYTHING else carbon in the interior is just plain gross to me.
I have a carbon fiber or half carbon fiber steering wheel and it looks and feels amazing.

4B523A19-FC32-47E0-AFCD-4A1C399FE386.jpeg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Okay. I just saw a car today that makes me have to come back in here and voice an opinion lol I just saw a Supra with carbon fiber fenders, carbon fiber cover on the fuel door, and a bunch of other random parts. I've said this in other threads, but I honest believe that it looks like the car was in an accident had to be replaced with parts off a different car. I get that it's neat to have carbon fiber stuff on a car but what cost?
I'm also not a huge fan of black or carbon fiber splitters, side skirts, and spats in the rear. When you look at the car from a distance, it looks like the cars 12in off the ground. It looks a lot better when they're painted. Having said that, I do appreciate that the parts on our cars are black because if you're a track rat like some of us, and you need to replace the parts, it's easier to throw black pieces on without having to paint. Still, it looks a million times better when they're painted to match the car and it gives the car a lowered look without being lowered.
Also, my post makes it sound like I'm against carbon fiber, but I'm not. In
race car applications I love it. Even in street cars if it's done and it tasteful way. I think any larger panels should be painted though.
[/rant]
😂
Sponsored