Carbon fiber, how do you feel about it?

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
So you guys will prob make fun of me but I’m having a hard time figuring out what I like and I want to get your opinions. I’m trying to decide what looks better on the exterior of the car. I own a black 2023 supra and i recently bought a MB Seibon spoiler. I originally wanted to have it paint matched but now I kinda like the look of it on the car unpainted. Do you guys think having a lot of carbon fiber exterior parts will look to “ricey”.

I’m going for looks on the car and not so much performance as a end goal, but I don’t want to over do it and make the car look bad/rice.

what do you guys think, a car with a lot of carbon fiber look ricey to you Or can it be done tactfully?
Sponsored

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I had a mix of painted carbon and exposed carbon. I teetered on the border of rice. I will be painting over all of the CF for my next build.

I never really could decide if I liked it or not. I did decide that I am not a fan of it in the engine bay.

I will be going a different route with me next build.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Spoilers, lips, wings, rear spats, diffusers and side skirts look good in exposed CF. However, fenders and hoods usually look better color-matched/painted with only the vent areas exposed.

103782454_3327667443944873_5605476088647570961_n.jpg

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
Echoing what's been said but trim/splitters/accents are good, I never liked full carbon wings or larger body panels.

I do think there can be a compromise though that sometimes works out even better than full painted; the way Varis does their hoods leaving the vents and accents carbon looks great IMO. Or some of the different wings available with paint-matched endplates but leaving the rest carbon can look good too. I'd paint the Seibon though...

GreyMadder

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten A90 Premium, 08 Tundra, 04 GX470
Carbon fiber is like cocaine. The right amount is a party, too much and its overdose city.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
If it's replacing a heavier part for function I think it's cool. If it has 3M on the back of it it belongs in the trash. IE Interior trim add ons and plastic part replacements/stick on lips/skirts etc etc

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Seibon wing get it painted. Something like the varis wing or vortex wing leave. Reason being seibon piece is smooth and there's no break in "texture" whereas the other two have end plates, metal stands etc to give it some balance.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
I love carbon fiber when it's done right, and in moderation. I've seen people buy the entire Rexpeed interior CF catalog and it looks horrible. It can go from looking great to tacky real quick.

I like lip kit's in CF, duckbill spoiler in CF.. and then that's about it. Hoods, fenders, etc in CF don't look great unless it's paint matched and leave some areas exposed.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My car is black so small CF accents here and there looks good..

I am not into huge CF pieces like entire unpainted CF panels, but that's just me.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
Seibon wing get it painted. Something like the varis wing or vortex wing leave. Reason being seibon piece is smooth and there's no break in "texture" whereas the other two have end plates, metal stands etc to give it some balance.
Regarding your wing, this ^^^ if you’re worried about looking rice-y.

I am not into huge CF pieces like entire unpainted CF panels, but that's just me.
This can be intentional, and I support it if it’s the look the owner is going after, but it’s not screaming OEM+ to anyone.

OP, you’ll always find someone who claims anything that’s not OE is rice, so be careful weighing the opinion of the masses too much or you’ll be left with a stock car.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Concerning your Seibon wing:

It being me? I would paint the exterior to match the body but leave the underside of the wing exposed carbon. Have a smooth clean break line on the front and back.

Concerning interior carbon:

The only thing I would do carbon fiber in the interior would be the NVS carbon cubby. Why? It makes the center console and trans/driveshaft tunnel look perfectly seamless Like it should have been from OEM. ANYTHING else carbon in the interior is just plain gross to me.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
LOL, my shit rice asf, I'm ok with it. I am 1000% against carbon panels exposed, yet my heritage fenders are not painted. I got them at such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up, but when it came time to paint them I did NOT think it flowed with the car leaving the center piece exposed as a accent. The Rexpeed ones flow well these don't so I never painted them. If i got the hood i for sure would paint it.

As for OP wing. I see many paint the top side and leave the bottom exposed carbon. But do what you like, its your car fuck the rest of the opinions about it.

1676579758262.png

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Regarding your wing, this ^^^ if you’re worried about looking rice-y.

This can be intentional, and I support it if it’s the look the owner is going after, but it’s not screaming OEM+ to anyone.
True, but if there is some painted part of the CF on that panel it looks a lot more premium. Well, to me it does.