Carbon Fiber

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I see a lot of posts on here about different after-market parts that are available in carbon fiber. My current car is a 2013 Prius, so well before carbon fiber was a thing. Does it look better in person than in pictures? The pictures I have seen just look like plastic with stripes on it.
Thanks from an older car enthusiast.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I see a lot of posts on here about different after-market parts that are available in carbon fiber. My current car is a 2013 Prius, so well before carbon fiber was a thing. Does it look better in person than in pictures? The pictures I have seen just look like plastic with stripes on it.
Thanks from an older car enthusiast.
yeah. It really does. It’s something you to see in person. Some looks much better than others.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
how does a car enthusiast drive a prius for 8 years?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I can think of 100 reasons. Take me for example, I lived in Brooklyn for 8 years and had no car.. Because.. well. I was living in Brooklyn.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I can think of 100 reasons. Take me for example, I lived in Brooklyn for 8 years and had no car.. Because.. well. I was living in Brooklyn.
true true, but I just couldn't imagine being a car guy with a car and picking a prius, the are actually great cars, practical, reliable, safe and good tech, but just as a car person I feel like even if I was on a budget or needed some economical, I would make a irrational childish decision LMAO

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because I needed to be able to put my Mom’s wheelchair in the back so I could take her to her doctors appointments while my Dad worked. Also, I had to sell my MR2 Spider because I had a herniated disc in my back and it got to the point where using the clutch made my leg burn, and I had to hold the steering wheel to get in and out of the car. Now that that is no longer an issue, I want something sporty again.

Reactions: zrk

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
My current car is a 2013 Prius, so well before carbon fiber was a thing.
Huh? Carbon fiber has "been a thing" in the car world for at least 20 years. I remember going to car meets in 2001 where people had carbon fiber hoods, trunks, etc.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ferrari has been doing carbon fiber parts for a while... the earliest example i can remember off the top of my head at the moment is the F40... which was made in 87...

OP
OP
Grady60

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Huh? Carbon fiber has "been a thing" in the car world for at least 20 years. I remember going to car meets in 2001 where people had carbon fiber hoods, trunks, etc.
I don’t go to car meets. I never saw it on a car at the dealership. Maybe I wasn’t looking at the right cars,
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk