6round

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Hey all. Happy Friday.

So my buddy and I both have had this issue for months where music on Apple Music/Spotify skips horrendously throughout the song. There’s no issues at all when streaming just through Bluetooth.

We’re both located in SoCal, I have an A90 & he has an A91.

Anyone else encounter this or have a fix?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
In previous vehicles I've had the following two quirky issues that caused exactly that.

1. The coiled wire cable for my radar detector was touching the touch screen every once in a while and causing that. (Obviously moved cable)

2. The car was bouncing back and fourth between my wife's iPhone and mine. (Turned off Bluetooth on whichever phone wasn't being used.)

3. The standard IT response. Turn off and turn back on, use the forget phone function, reconnect as new, don't plug the phone into cable if you're using wireless carplay...ever...like never once.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
3. don't plug the phone into cable if you're using wireless carplay...ever...like never once.
Why not? I always have mine plugged in for charging. The wireless charging overheats my phone. Works fine.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
probably iOS doing some background crap that takes up RAM/CPU and whatever BT and etc. it uses.
I'd get a task manager/monitor to see what's going on at those times. logcat, etc.. I'm no iOS expert, this is what I'd do with Android..

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Why not? I always have mine plugged in for charging. The wireless charging overheats my phone. Works fine.
Because it may confuse the iPhone since you can connect it as in iPod like functionality through USB, music through Bluetooth, and wireless car play. It's generally better to stick with one method and not give it a chance to confuse which one you're trying to accomplish.

Glad it's working for you though as it should. My suggestion is merely technology risk mitigation.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Because it may confuse the iPhone since you can connect it as in iPod like functionality through USB, music through Bluetooth, and wireless car play. It's generally better to stick with one method and not give it a chance to confuse which one you're trying to accomplish.

Glad it's working for you though as it should. My suggestion is merely technology risk mitigation.
In my experience with the Supra and my other cars, you cannot have a phone bluetoothed to the car for media (non-carplay) and usb connected as well. One or the other. So it likely charges fine if plugged in and streaming through Bluetooth. But you can’t do both media connections. Or at least it won’t let me on any of my cars

mdemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Tiguan
Anyone have the problem where your listening to XM but it switches to CarPlay music every time you do something with any map application?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm not too big on XM, but I can totally see why it's doing that. Have experienced it on rental cars.
It's changing the audio source to get NAV audio input and since CarPlay craves all the BT/WiFi attention, it's interrupting XM. On rentals, I even got a delay, as in the phone NAV starts communication "turn right after 30" but due to source change, you only hear "after 30"... sucks for sure. don't know if there is a fix.
Sponsored