Catless dp no tune

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Please do yourself, your neighbors, and your city a favor and keep a cat on your daily driver. It makes no appreciable difference in driving performance. It stinks of gas sitting in your garage. It's loud for no point. Want to know why you can't put a top mount turbo on a car in California? It's because kids kept dropping their cats until law makers went to such extreme to make the whole hobby illegal. Don't be that guy.
Sponsored

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Please do yourself, your neighbors, and your city a favor and keep a cat on your daily driver. It makes no appreciable difference in driving performance. It stinks of gas sitting in your garage. It's loud for no point. Want to know why you can't put a top mount turbo on a car in California? It's because kids kept dropping their cats until law makers went to such extreme to make the whole hobby illegal. Don't be that guy.
Don't be the majority of guys? I guess I am that guy, but eventually Ill go AA catted, just haven't yet.

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cmon don't use california as an example lol. You can't do anything to your car out here..

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
i run an A90 shop catless downpipe with a modified 3.5 inch bottom section to match the AWE resonated touring exhaust!

the car definitely picked up power even with no tune and i havent had any huge issues so far. the only thing that has come up since i added it the catless downpipe was my transmission short shifts under WOT pull in automatic mode if i launch the car... i've posted about the short shifting problem on the forum before and people didn't believe me but it consistently short shifts 2nd 3rd 4th if i launch the car.

outside of that isolated issue, i've never had a problem running catless with no tune.
I had this problem too but it wasnā€™t from my catless dp or beautiful sounding AWE track exhaust. When I had any other issue besides the CEL the car would do that. So weird. I remember seeing the subject somewhere and should have answered mine cleared up when other codes were addressed. Such as steering angle sensor, chassis code or even windshield rain sensor. Have no clue how any of that is relatedā€¦ but the car would get ā€œpissed offā€ and short shift.

Holy shit track exhaust and catless thing must be so loud! Is Jb4 worth it?
Talk about raw. Sheā€™s fantastic to fire up and drive. Fully accelerating while rowing through the gears = music to my ears. Iā€™ve had fans at a FARA event tell me theyā€™d wait for my car to round the last turn at Homestead just so they could show their friends and hear my Supra šŸ˜‚ (kid you not). Flattering as hell.

Then add the JB4 for fun and feelā€¦ šŸ„° lotta bang for the buck! Does the car need it? No, especially on track. But I sure do enjoy turning on that map 6 in town and letting her hair down. Insanely liberating šŸ’Ø

Dudeā€¦ you gotta come to FloRida some time and taste the freedom. Weā€™d become friends quickly after a few quick circles around the track! I havenā€™t met a neighbor yet that doesnā€™t like my car. I donā€™t run it in the middle of the night or floor it in my neighborhood ever. No law makers or new laws needed for common sense. That can be applied regardless of where you live.

What would be funā€¦ a bimmercode voice of Greta calling me names when accelerating. Itā€™d be hard to slow down & I bet Iā€™d be faster on track! šŸ˜‚

IMG_0349.jpeg

Last edited:

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
I saw many people don't recommend running a catless dp without a tune. Are there any reasons to be worried about besides the smell and CEL?

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I saw many people don't recommend running a catless dp without a tune. Are there any reasons to be worried about besides the smell and CEL?
Nah it'll be fine, but your car will be using way more throttle angle to control your boost.

Exhaust backpressure is a variable in the DME logic that ultimately affects wastegate duty cycle and boost targeting.

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Iā€™ve been catless with CEL (40,000 miles) and RK Track Exhaust (20,000 miles) with 60,000 miles on my car. No other issues and the CEL light eventually becomes invisible
Sponsored