Catted vs Catless... My story with Data to share

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Im actually on the fence of going catted vs catless. I don't plan to go full race mode with a lot of power. Maybe just squeeze a bit more power for my daily needs. I am more interested in the sound. I have a 2021 so they really toned down the burgles and pops and that was such a disappointment for me. I was wondering how the sound was going from catted to catless. Is there rasp on a catless? I just want a deeper and throatier tone that will make more burgles and pops. I plan to just stick with downpipe + tune + intake/chargepipe. Thanks.
If you're tuning it as well you can adjust the pops on the fly if you get something like an ecutek
Sponsored

Vizion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR premium
If you're tuning it as well you can adjust the pops on the fly if you get something like an ecutek
yea i definitely plan to get a tuned after a DP. I am just not a fan of rasp so im wondering if catless has rasp or not.

OP
OP

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Im actually on the fence of going catted vs catless. I don't plan to go full race mode with a lot of power. Maybe just squeeze a bit more power for my daily needs. I am more interested in the sound. I have a 2021 so they really toned down the burgles and pops and that was such a disappointment for me. I was wondering how the sound was going from catted to catless. Is there rasp on a catless? I just want a deeper and throatier tone that will make more burgles and pops. I plan to just stick with downpipe + tune + intake/chargepipe. Thanks.
Catless is more raspy for sure but still sounds really good.

If you want LOUD go catless

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
It's really useful to know your ceiling on catted, thanks for that.

Did smell change much when you went catless?

OP
OP

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
It's really useful to know your ceiling on catted, thanks for that.

Did smell change much when you went catless?
Huge change in smell, catted was barely noticeable.

Catless smell is all over the place

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
To each their own, but Iā€™ll be going with AA Catted downpipe, no CEL, a good 15-20 hp at the wheels, deeper tone thanks to the cat and not raspy. Iā€™m not looking to set any records but probably do bm3 ots time someday.

OP
OP

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Driving the car for a few days with the catless DP matted to an Akrapovic exhaust

1st and 2nd gear acceleration until valves close in comfort (ME spec valve logic :rant:) is full of DRONE

Car shifts to 3rd gear (valves then close) and its quite from there on which is good

Used to straight piped exhausts but this set up is VERY loud at certain times

My .02 cents

Catted was A LOT more civilized

OP
OP

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
To each their own, but Iā€™ll be going with AA Catted downpipe, no CEL, a good 15-20 hp at the wheels, deeper tone thanks to the cat and not raspy. Iā€™m not looking to set any records but probably do bm3 ots time someday.
Solid option, just did not work very well with extreme heat and a bigger turbo

You should be good

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Driving the car for a few days with the catless DP matted to an Akrapovic exhaust

1st and 2nd gear acceleration until valves close in comfort (ME spec valve logic :rant:) is full of DRONE

Car shifts to 3rd gear (valves then close) and its quite from there on which is good

Used to straight piped exhausts but this set up is VERY loud at certain times

My .02 cents

Catted was A LOT more civilized
Interesting, wonder how a bigger resonator would help

OP
OP

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Interesting, wonder how a bigger resonator would help
Akra has no resonator, just a rear suitcase muffler. Its also one of the quieter options, with something like Boostlogic I assume it would be unbearably loud

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Akra has no resonator, just a rear suitcase muffler. Its also one of the quieter options, with something like Boostlogic I assume it would be unbearably loud
Did you get the valved version? I was thinking the resonated AWE may be a good option

TarunAK47

First Name
Tarun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Catted is still significantly louder than stock right?
Hello mate, I'm kind of in the middle of a similar fuss like you were. I've got the JB4 installed and the MST air intake, trying to figure out if I should get catted or catless DP now. Not really looking for racing, just need to enjoy the daily drive and have fun with the car, but don't want the car too loud and get stopped by the cops every now and then, some hefty fines for these loud cars where I live. :(

Would like to know what did you finally decide on and how did it come around?
Sponsored