CEL fix for Catted Downpipes

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
As I understand back-end flash still needs the Ecu to be flashed.
Correct. But it’s a cheaper shortcut right now than getting a o2 sensor thst won’t work.

Unless you’re worried about warranty I would go straight to Ecutek, especially if you’re flashing the Ecu. Doesn’t make sense to run a piggyback and then flash an Ecu. Upgrade the turbo and you can just have a tuner send another map.
Slightly warranty issue. Slightly because the tuners are asking $800 for a custom tune on top of the ecutek and they will charge for mapping later on.
would rather put my money into other parts of the car and my life.
Im content with the jb4 and MHD back end flash results for now
Sponsored

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Correct. But it’s a cheaper shortcut right now than getting a o2 sensor thst won’t work.

Slightly warranty issue. Slightly because the tuners are asking $800 for a custom tune on top of the ecutek and they will charge for mapping later on.
would rather put my money into other parts of the car and my life.
Im content with the jb4 and MHD back end flash results for now
the Ecutek license and bt piece is roughly $800. I’ve seen tunes depending setup from 300-800 You can get Ecutek with an OTS map for roughly $1100, higher if you want flex fuel. I was in the same predicament and did a piggyback and then over to Ecutek. I’d encourage you to go straight to a flash tune instead of spending the money twice as I did

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
the Ecutek license and bt piece is roughly $800. I’ve seen tunes depending setup from 300-800 You can get Ecutek with an OTS map for roughly $1100, higher if you want flex fuel. I was in the same predicament and did a piggyback and then over to Ecutek. I’d encourage you to go straight to a flash tune instead of spending the money twice as I did
But I’m trying not to void warranty or create issues with the car.
I don’t even know if I’m gonna do a back end flash

John.C

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90
I installed a very nice Downpipe, that appears as high a quality as any i have seen. But in 2 or 3 cruising driving cycles the P0420, catalyst inefficiency CEL comes on. I read alot of information about mini-cats, 02 spacers, 90 degrees spacer, 45 degrees spacers, Fab Speed, CST, Ebay versions, and the old Dorman 42002 spark plug anti foulers.

Most people that use these are using them on catless downpipes. But from what I have found, the 200 CELL catted downpipe, throws the code just like the catless downpipes. So the 200 Cell is not doing enough exhaust scrubbing to keep the CEL off. So most people tune them out via tuning. But on a locked/untuneable 2021 model, your choices are limited to only spacers, mini-cat etc.

I haven't found anyone that had complete success in getting the CEL to stay off with any apparatus other than tuning it out with the CATLESS pipes.

BUT, has anyone had success in getting a 200 Cell catted downpipe to quit throwing the CEL (without a tune)?

The solution might be different with the catted version, as to what may work. in this case, the exhaust is cleaned, but not clean enough, so maybe a spacer might work? Or a straight on mini-cat instead of a right ange one? Or mayber a 90 degree spacer without mini-cat

IF you put the o2 sensor too far out of the air stream it doesnt get hot enough, and gets a slow response signal. So those people got rid of the P0420 code, but got the slow response code and CEL.

Anyhow. Anybody have any definitive answers on what do do with an almost good enough catted downpipe?
I am newbie for mod! So finding a catted DP that won’t cause any CEL is my only concern! Another Supra owner suggest I should try Rush plux 50 CEL DP. So far I’ve being using it for daily driving and track session, around 3500km without ECU tune! Maybe you can take a look into it, a bit pricey to be honest!

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
But I’m trying not to void warranty or create issues with the car.
I don’t even know if I’m gonna do a back end flash
Dumb question? Then why bother with a tune at all? I run JB4 on my vehicle and no other mods mainly because I don't want any hassles with the dealer over warranty claims......and I plan on trading the car in when I jump on the Supra. If I were going the full "tune" route, would not worry about warranty.
Sponsored