CEL Light :(

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Planning to do the same by next week aswell. What made you choose Ecutek over the others? Debating which tune to get.
The shop I’m going to is an ecutek dealer. That’s really what it comes down to for me. But, I haven’t heard anything negative about ecutek. It also seems like a lot of people switch from other tuning options to ecutek..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M235I, Z4, Fj Cruiser, Clarity, Highlander, Supra
The shop I’m going to is an ecutek dealer. That’s really what it comes down to for me. But, I haven’t heard anything negative about ecutek. It also seems like a lot of people switch from other tuning options to ecutek..
Where is the shop located in Cali? Interested on doing same if they are local

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Counterspace garage in Orange County. They still send the ecu out as it has to be bench flashed and they don’t do that in house. But the turnaround time is 3-4 days from the time you drop the car off.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
live with the Cel on a brand new Supra? That shit would bother the hell out of me. I remember back in the early 90’s when were doing motor swaps on hondas and didn’t know how to get rid of the cel and just lived with it for years. Hahaha
Im not saying I like it, but I do like my warranty...

CSG

Gold Sponsor
First Name
CSG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.counterspacegarage.com
Car(s)
IS300, Supra, S2000, BRZ, M3
Hi there! We can set you up with Ecutek when you're ready. Like Zoopra said, we are located in Orange County so please don't hesitate to send a PM if you haven't already reached out.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had an upgraded catted downpipe for over 4500 miles now, with no tune, and have not once got a CEL.

The downpipe allows for placement of the stock o2 sensors without any spacers or issues.

I have an ECUTEK, which just arrived and I am planning on officially tuning in a couple weeks. Having my state inspection done next month, and rather not deal with any possible issues.

I have heard nothing but great things about ECUTEK, as a tuning software and ease of use, compared to anything else out there right now.

Cheers,
-V

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I've had an upgraded catted downpipe for over 4500 miles now, with no tune, and have not once got a CEL.

The downpipe allows for placement of the stock o2 sensors without any spacers or issues.

I have an ECUTEK, which just arrived and I am planning on officially tuning in a couple weeks. Having my state inspection done next month, and rather not deal with any possible issues.

I have heard nothing but great things about ECUTEK, as a tuning software and ease of use, compared to anything else out there right now.

Cheers,
-V
Your mention of state inspection made me realize that CELs are kryptonite for emissions testing- at least in my state.

Pretty sure an O2 sensor code would qualify as an issue in Virginia...

1613D251-0831-4D69-ADFC-722B569F68F8.jpeg

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Your mention of state inspection made me realize that CELs are kryptonite for emissions testing- at least in my state.

I am pretty sure it would be the same here in MA. I am getting my inspection next Monday, so I will update on here what the verdict is. At this time I have no CEL, so fingers crossed.

Thanks,
-V

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Any CEL light in NJ is auto fail as far as I know. I don’t think they even bother checking what it’s for.

But if no CEL light and you gas cap passes the pressure test - you pass lol
Sponsored