CEL Light :(

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M235I, Z4, Fj Cruiser, Clarity, Highlander, Supra
Just recently installed Titan down pipe with Fabspeed O2 Spacer. After driving about 50 miles, I received a CEL light.
I ran my OBD2 Scanner and received P0136 & P0141 Heated Oxygen Sensor - Circuit malfunction code.

I tried clearing it with my OBD2 tool however, the status of the code is Permanent. How can I clear this code? Will a tune help me in this situation?

Need to service car soon and need to remove this CEL before bringing to the dealer.

============1==============
P0136
Raw code: 0136
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1 - circuit malfunction
============2==============
P0141
Raw code: 0141
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
============3==============
P0141
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control - circuit malfunction
============4==============
P0136
============5==============
P0141
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Just recently installed Titan down pipe with Fabspeed O2 Spacer. After driving about 50 miles, I received a CEL light.
I ran my OBD2 Scanner and received P0136 & P0141 Heated Oxygen Sensor - Circuit malfunction code.

I tried clearing it with my OBD2 tool however, the status of the code is Permanent. How can I clear this code? Will a tune help me in this situation?

Need to service car soon and need to remove this CEL before bringing to the dealer.

============1==============
P0136
============2==============
P0141
============3==============
P0141
============4==============
P0136
============5==============
P0141
Yes a tune will get rid of the CEL, BUT it will also make your warranty disappear. Frankly, I would just live with the CEL as it is unlikely to cause warranty issues without a tune.

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes a tune will get rid of the CEL, BUT it will also make your warranty disappear. Frankly, I would just live with the CEL as it is unlikely to cause warranty issues without a tune.
So it will be fine bringing the car to my dealer even with that CEL code?

Does a piggyback tune be a good alternative? Just so I do not see any CEL when driving, and then when i do need to go to a dealer I can just removed it prior to having it serviced.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
So it will be fine bringing the car to my dealer even with that CEL code?

Does a piggyback tune be a good alternative? Just so I do not see any CEL when driving, and then when i do need to go to a dealer I can just removed it prior to having it serviced.
Maybe not "fine" per-se. If you have any mods to the car you really shouldn't be taking it to the dealer for anything, and if you do it should be put back to stock as much as humanly possible.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Maybe removing the battery for a couple minutes will clean up the code? Just before bringing the car to the dealer?

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe removing the battery for a couple minutes will clean up the code? Just before bringing the car to the dealer?
Will try that to see if it will clear it momentarily.

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nope CEL light still remains. Now debating to go for BM3 tune hehe

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
A catted downpipe will give you a CEL-free experience. Anything from AA, AMS, or in my case, PowerNeedy, shouldn't give you a CEL. That's the alternative route to go if you don't want a CEL on a stock DME.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Fabspeed 02 spacer in my experience will 100% give you a cel stock, with a piggyback tune, and with a flash tune.

You can reset the code with a code reader, JB4 app, Ecutek, etc but it will come back 2-3 days later

Only fix permanent is go catted DP or remove the spacer and get a flash tune. Either way you might as well take the spacer off and launch it into outer space

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fabspeed 02 spacer in my experience will 100% give you a cel stock, with a piggyback tune, and with a flash tune.

You can reset the code with a code reader, JB4 app, Ecutek, etc but it will come back 2-3 days later

Only fix permanent is go catted DP or remove the spacer and get a flash tune. Either way you might as well take the spacer off and launch it into outer space

CEL light came off this morning but expecting it to comeback. Planning to remove the Fabspeed Spacer and launch it to outer space lol

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Thatā€™s too bad about the fabspeed spacer. The concept seems like itā€™d work.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
live with the Cel on a brand new Supra? That shit would bother the hell out of me. I remember back in the early 90ā€™s when were doing motor swaps on hondas and didnā€™t know how to get rid of the cel and just lived with it for years. Hahaha

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
If it makes you feel any better, I put my catless downpipe on today. Took about 20 miles of driving for the CEL. Ecutek coming next week.

OP
OP
Raskita

Raskita

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If it makes you feel any better, I put my catless downpipe on today. Took about 20 miles of driving for the CEL. Ecutek coming next week.
Planning to do the same by next week aswell. What made you choose Ecutek over the others? Debating which tune to get.
Sponsored