Ceramic coating..

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
I did the paint correction and ceramic myself. I do wish I had ppf on the car, not something I've ever done but I always wish I had when the first chips show up.

Steventje

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
Paid $1200 for paint correction and ceramic coating. When I dropped off the car, I was contemplating doing PPF as well. Did the Front bumper and headlight XPEL, $750.

Washed the car for the first time this evening since curing. Worth every penny.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It's almost a requirement for clear bra if you drive on the expressways especially in daily traffic. This is my first hobby car in a long while without running clear bra. But this is only because I only drive in low traffic, chosen surface roads only, away from everyone.

My other cars run either XPEL Ultra or 3M clear bra that I installed. Actually I installed a 3M precut on my Supra early on (just one side to decide whether to keep it or not), but with the black it turned into a 3ft car with edges slightly getting highlighted so removed it. Garage queen anyway.

YOTA_IL

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
My car is in now for paint correction $650, Xpel on front end/fenders/mirrors/ headlights/hood (don’t even wanna talk about price) and getting Gtechniq Serum Ultra ceramic coating 9yr warranty on entire car (paint/plastic/rims/calipers/glass) for $1,600

Once I get it back I’m sure it’ll all be worth it ?

Managed to make it them with no rock chips on it yet woot woot! At least before wrapped. I’m sure in time I’ll get some tho and some rips in the wrap.

I’ll post up a pic of mine when done

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Before I took delivery of my car, I had the dealer contract through XPEL and they installed the following for just over $2K.

Bumper
Headlights
Full hood & fenders
Lower rocker panels
Mirrors
Door handle cups

Overall I'm very happy with the decision and the setup is working well in conjunction with the ZL1 rock guards. The PPF has already saved me from several stone chips and that keeps my OCD somewhat in check.

On another note, ceramic coating does nothing to prevent rock chips. I really wish detailers would stop pushing this nonsense and meme on the public that you can drive a coated car through a brick wall and nothing will happen.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
IMO ceramic coat is a waste of money and a detailer con job...And with all cars I've purchased over the years I only PPF the front bumper, headlamps, A-pillars...Two years later and still no chips anywhere and the paint still looks flawless...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
IMO ceramic coat is a waste of money and a detailer con job...And with all cars I've purchased over the years I only PPF the front bumper, headlamps, A-pillars...Two years later and still no chips anywhere and the paint still looks flawless...
Ceramic is a fucking life saver if you wash your car often. It cuts washing time down from 4 hours a week to 2. It's so so so much easier to keep the car clean, especially if the car is outside a lot (no garage/large city/etc). I'd never not ceramic a car again.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic is a fucking life saver if you wash your car often. It cuts washing time down from 4 hours a week to 2. It's so so so much easier to keep the car clean, especially if the car is outside a lot (no garage/large city/etc). I'd never not ceramic a car again.
If your pleased with it then that all that matters...We'll just agree to disagree here... :thumbsup:

Tom S

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Toyota Prius Prime, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I had two paint corrections before the ceramic coating was applied. Cost $1,800.00. It was worth every penny.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Ceramic is 100% worth it in rainy & polluted areas; rain here in Seattle is quite polluted and leaves ugly soot marks, and ceramic makes that easy to clean off.
Sponsored