Ceramic coating..

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I normally don't like leaning, sitting or even touching anything related to the paint on my car cause i like it flawless after a nice wipe down, buuuut on occasions, i make exceptions.. i wanted to set my little 2 month old niece on the trunk of my car to take a picture of her with the Supra since she was wearing a yellow shirt to match the car, her ass slid off every part of the supra before i said fuck it, not taking a picture with her sitting on the car then.. ??? a great ceramic coating job can repel more than just water. ??
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
IMO ceramic coat is a waste of money and a detailer con job...And with all cars I've purchased over the years I only PPF the front bumper, headlamps, A-pillars...Two years later and still no chips anywhere and the paint still looks flawless...
100% agreement with this comment.
I can wash and wipe down our Rav4 with an off the shelf paint sealant in less than an hour. I've had people ask me if it has been ceramic coated. Regular use of a cheap paint sealant or good detailer spray goes a long way.

If you enjoy washing your car, Ceramic Coat is completely unnecessary imo.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
PPF is 100% a must, if you CARE about rock chips. Can't believe there's an argument against it otherwise.

However, you really don't need a PRO ceramic coating if you don't want to spend that much. I detail and ceramic coat my own cars with CQuartz UK, and with some family cars I just use a nice sealant like Fusso Coat or Jescar Ultra Lock.

It just depends how important your time is I suppose, but I spent a half day on mine and it came out great.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
where did you have it done? I’m in Austin. Thanks!
Slim's Detailing Studio. You can find him on IG, just opened a shop in Lakeway. Not sure his promo pricing is still going.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
I used AvalonKing https://avalonking.com/shop/ceramic-coating/armor-shield-ix-diy-kit/
had good reviews online so that's the one I ended up buing.
I've used it on 4 cars now and I'm happy with the results.
Not sure how it compares to a pro job but as long as it works OK I'm not gonna pay 1100 for something similar...
It does take a full weekend to apply, with the pain correction and drying time between the stages (wash and clay > dry > paint correct > wash again > dry > apply the coating > dry)
If you do the paint correction it will take time.. and last time I did it I noticed that I'm not 30 anymore (not even close).. the day after I hurt places I didn't know I had ;)
But for me this is therapeutic, paint correction requires focus so all other wordly problems go away and doing something with my hands after days in front of a computer is really nice :)

Leaning

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra 2022
I have both ppf and ceramic coating on my supra.

Detailer quoted me 1300 for cquartz

The car came with ppf from the dealer

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
For everyone thinking about paying a ton for a professional to ceramic coat your car, try this stuff first. After finding this, I'll never pay for someone else to ceramic coat a car again. If you put on two coats like it suggests, it will easily last 6 months even on a car that stays outside all the time and it's super easy to apply.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53409-Solutions-Coating-16/dp/B07XYPS3PS

You can probably find it cheaper locally. Not sure why it's that expensive on amazon.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
Hi SooopraSD,
May I ask which shop (in San Diego?) you used and if you had a positive experience.

Thanks in advance!
Hit up Pro Dash in Kearny Mesa. Very positive experience. Would’nt hesitate recommending them.

Xannyy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I coated my car myself, a little YouTube and some time you can accomplish anything, spent 200 bucks came out amazing, not scary at all just take your time , you will feel more accomplished doing it yourself than paying others
Sponsored

Attachments