Status
Not open for further replies.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Even worse

Track friend has one and it freaks out if you try to upgrade suspension or brakes. So far he has been frustrated to remain bone stock on everything
This is goimg to be the new norm as the EPA cracks down and cars become more online and connected.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I missed out on what the original complaint was.. guess no popcorn for me.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I never owned a BMW tech automobile until I owned the Supra.....it made my head explode that if the battery goes down in charge, it sets an immutable flag that can only be changed when you unhook, recharge and "re-initialize" the battery with a diagnostic tool.

I asked myself - Why did they do this? Was it to make easy money at dealerships? Was it to make sure dumb people didn't get stranded somewhere? Why didn't they just have a check every time car starts up and have the code clear by itself?

This set the tone/mindset that I have for this car - that nothing is going to work as we think it will. I think once you know this and have this mindset you will just laugh when stupid shit like the factory tool needing to talk to the amplifier in order to update the DME.

I guess the silver lining here is that the @cvondra is the first person to try to have the DME Recall with a non factory sound system and that we - the community, himself and the techs learned something new. While a major pain in the ass, you could put the amp back in, have the update done and move on - all while being pissed off and shaking your head and knowing that going forward this will have to be done.

Just wait until new factory tools perform a checksum of the OEM computers and throw a flag saying they won't update...folks are lucky that at least now the process will complete if tuned.

Hang in there bud!!! We are here to vent to.
Speaking of codes and the battery being dead, when I bought my car off the show room floor the battery was dead because they had the doors, hood, and hatch opened for people to look at the car. People had gotten in and out and turned on the head unit and eventually the battery died. Well months down the road I go and get tuned on MHD and when MHD read the car there was like 12 fault codes stored that came up and it freaked me the hell out..... All of them were for low battery and dead battery warnings.

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
Speaking of codes and the battery being dead, when I bought my car off the show room floor the battery was dead because they had the doors, hood, and hatch opened for people to look at the car. People had gotten in and out and turned on the head unit and eventually the battery died. Well months down the road I go and get tuned on MHD and when MHD read the car there was like 12 fault codes stored that came up and it freaked me the hell out..... All of them were for low battery and dead battery warnings.
Same thing happen to me. They had to put in a new battery. But it also only had 10 miles on it, no test drives.

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Same thing happen to me. They had to put in a new battery. But it also only had 10 miles on it, no test drives.
Small world..same happened to me and my car had around 6 miles on the odometer with no test drives when I picked it up. Had to take it to a local dealer and all they did was charge it back up and reset.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Homeboy put an aftermarket amp in his Zupra and the dealer no like. No like so much they no update firmware. OP mad because dealer no like.
The time OP put into this thread he could have swapped it out.

I don't see how hard it is to do. Remove the needed trim, unplug the MOST input from my mObridge K2 amp, plug it into the factory amp, plug in the remaining connectors the shop kindly left intact and done.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.