Combo Meter (ie:speedometer, tach etc) dead after recall update.

Jg297

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
Hello, newbie here. Just purchased a 2020 Launch Edition. Brought it in for inspection and oil change. I was told there was a recall. Dealer installed recall successfully. However, the combo meter (dash instrumentation) were all dead. I was told Toyota will replace however, They were not sure how they were going to transfer the data from the old combo meter (ie: odometer). Has this happened to anyone? Car has been in the shop since last Monday.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jg297

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Obviously.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
They'll replace it and everything will be fine. For what it's worth, I've seen some minor electrical hiccups on the LEs here and there, but nothing I'd worry about long term.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Everyone should do the recall.
I’ve tested my brakes severely throughout the months and had not a glimpse of an issue. I have heard no stories but 1-2 of a brake booster issue and there was no supporting evidence. This is just Bosch trying to take away my ECU fun

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’ve tested my brakes severely throughout the months and had not a glimpse of an issue. I have heard no stories but 1-2 of a brake booster issue and there was no supporting evidence. This is just Bosch trying to take away my ECU fun
eh thats doubtful too as it costed them lots of money. its just BMW covering their ass after a couple cases.

I WOULD get it if i could, ive tried. theres also people on here that claim that the wheel locks up without the ability to turn (also very dangerous) yet no one is worried about that; I see them as the same to me

OP
OP

Jg297

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the replies. Just got the car back today and everything works as it should. I got a brand new combo meter out of it all. ?
Sponsored