Concerning Oil Analysis?

jonesxlv

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition
Just got the oil analysis report back from blackstone on my '21 A91 and some of the figures were way out of range. Sent them my break-in oil, changed at 1250 miles. Really high on Molybendum, Copper, Boron, and Silicon and high on Iron. Obviously will be keeping an eye on this and will do a follow up analysis at the 5k change interval.

I did not go crazy during break-in (didn't rev over 4500-5k) but did do some spirited driving and engine braking.

Those of you that know more on the subject, is this a concerning oil analysis and should I be worried about the metal quantities (Blackstone didn't seem overly concerned)?

0001.jpg
Sponsored

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I've never done one of these personally, but if they say it's not really troubling I would defer to them since this is there livelihood. Perhaps do another test for each of the next couple regular changes to confirm that the numbers trend in the right direction if you want peace of mind.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
This is a good report, thanks for sharing. It does seem there were extra particulates in the oil. That’s good you removed it right after the break-in mileage.

-RJM

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This is a good report, thanks for sharing. It does seem there were extra particulates in the oil. That’s good you removed it right after the break-in mileage.

-RJM
FYI, there are other blackstone reports in the forum...
Sponsored