Condensation in tail lights

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
That's an interesting thought, digicidal, regarding a possible reason for the moisture leakage. I can say (though I am only 1 point in a data stream) that my second FR-S, which I had longer than the first, never exhibited the problem.

Regarding design, while it never leaped out to me as a design point that I particularly liked neither did the protruding tail lights strike me in any negative way. They were ok. As a tangent observation, I do like the overall headlight presentation (shape) on the FR-S better than that on the Supra. The lines (to me) are more distinct and have more of a predatory appearance.
Agree to disagree. IMO, the 86 headlights are ugly and look a plague mask. :rofl: Look at this hood gap too. :nono:

2018-Toyota-86-Coupe-White-Peter-Anderson-1200x800p-5.jpg

Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Agree to disagree. IMO, the 86 headlights are ugly and look a plague mask. :rofl: Look at this hood gap too. :nono:
Well, I wasn't particularly a fan of them before... but thanks to that association - now I'm a big fan! :thumbsup: There's some pretty significant gaps on the MKV too... looks quite weird to me. Doesn't bother me at all while I'm driving it however. :D

slow_mkv

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2020 Wrangler Sport S
Figured I'd post a reply here ... Haven't even had my first payment come in yet and am having the same issue. No pressure wash just a hose and a hand wash. Something like this is ridiculous on a 50K+ dollar sports car. Didn't have this issue on my 350z, STi or Evo X. (Or even my Wrangler) Gonna see if I have any luck at a dealer.

MVIMG_20200903_134453.jpg

MVIMG_20200903_134456.jpg

MVIMG_20200903_134539.jpg

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
yikes...im sad to hear this.. especially for this car. I had an issue with mine, but it wasnt condensation but it could probably related in some way. from what ive noticed. when washing the car, a lot of water like to pool up from the inside of the trunk on that little panel that cover my tail lights. the issue that i had with mine was upon receiving the car i noticed cracking on the taillights just right where it tucks up in the body by the top rear fender. I had escalate things up to toyota itself because my dealer would do anything about it as says its normal. see my thread. it might have some cracks that you cant see maybe and letting moisture in. :dunno: just a thought. hope everyone gets taken care of.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/cracked-taillights-toyota-said-its-normal-help-fixed.6034/

slow_mkv

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yikes...im sad to hear this.. especially for this car. I had an issue with mine, but it wasnt condensation but it could probably related in some way. from what ive noticed. when washing the car, a lot of water like to pool up from the inside of the trunk on that little panel that cover my tail lights. the issue that i had with mine was upon receiving the car i noticed cracking on the taillights just right where it tucks up in the body by the top rear fender. I had escalate things up to toyota itself because my dealer would do anything about it as says its normal. see my thread. it might have some cracks that you cant see maybe and letting moisture in. :dunno: just a thought. hope everyone gets taken care of.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/cracked-taillights-toyota-said-its-normal-help-fixed.6034/
Thanks man, I'll definitely take a look. I notice a lot water also sits between the glass and body panel on the trunk lid.. The water drains there but while it sits the water doesn't run down. Some weird design choices/issues but it is what it is I guess..

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
Thanks man, I'll definitely take a look. I notice a lot water also sits between the glass and body panel on the trunk lid.. The water drains there but while it sits the water doesn't run down. Some weird design choices/issues but it is what it is I guess..

oh yea that annoys me so much too. especially when like some small like flower stuff likes to get wedge/stuck there in between.. I say if anything, get all the water out as soon as possible after washing and dont let it sit. Might help :dunno: its just so unfortunate things like this has to come up.

phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
Why would anyone want them to replace the tail lights with the same leaking units? The only logical course would be for owners to report the the issue, and hope for improved parts.

slow_mkv

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey Everyone, figured I'd update. My local Toyota dealership replaced my tail lights. No cost to me. Its been ~2 months since replacement and there has been no condensation or leaks in the new assemblies.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hey Everyone, figured I'd update. My local Toyota dealership replaced my tail lights. No cost to me. Its been ~2 months since replacement and there has been no condensation or leaks in the new assemblies.
Yoyo! I have pretty bad cracking now and my dealership is saying it's normal. Do you mind telling me which dealership you went to to get them warrantied so they can maybe call to confirm the issue? Also, do you mind sharing your work order of them getting replaced so I can show my dealership that as well? Sorry to trouble you asking so much but I would greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored