Coolant Explosion

ethanmk5

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, Focus ST, E36
Just got a 2020 A90 about four days ago with around 9,000 miles on it (note the car is completely stock). Was driving back from my first road trip and got a low coolant message, pulled over to a gas station, popped the hood, and coolant quite literally was covering half my engine bay (even came up the side of my door). Towed it to a dealership and they attempted to find what caused this but could not replicate a leak or anything after pressurizing it multiple times. My only idea left at this point is that the reservoir was overfilled at some point and it decided to come out of the cap after it got hot. If anyone has had a similar issue or situation id love to hear about it.
DDD48B75-98B3-4F3D-B45A-3E21F7DAC13D.jpg
Sponsored

Deleted member 7042

Alright I have to say this before we start going down the rabbit hole. The 2020 is new to you, and completely stock… to you. 2020s are renowned for being tuned, modded and returned stock to dealerships.

The dealership can check if it was tuned previously, unless they were using a JB unit. Since you already brought it in, keep the documentation. If it happens 3 more times in your first year, file a lemon law claim, and you’ll be refunded or allowed to trade for another vehicle depending upon your local state statutes.

I think your intuition could be correct, overfilled and over pressurized, I’ve never actually seen it happen before on this platform.

OP
OP
ethanmk5

ethanmk5

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alright I have to say this before we start going down the rabbit hole. The 2020 is new to you, and completely stock… to you. 2020s are renowned for being tuned, modded and returned stock to dealerships.

Take it in immediately, you should not have to deal with this in your first few miles.
And this is why I looked into the car deeply before I got it, was a lease, serviced at Toyota its whole short life, ECU is still locked (full apple car play screen).

Its still at Toyota right now but Im probably gonna take it to another dealership and see if they have a second opinion.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
And this is why I looked into the car deeply before I got it, was a lease, serviced at Toyota its whole short life, ECU is still locked (full apple car play screen).
I'm glad you checked thoroughly, but having fullscreen CarPlay just means the recall was done, it doesn't at all mean it's locked.

OP
OP
ethanmk5

ethanmk5

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm glad you checked thoroughly, but having fullscreen CarPlay just means the recall was done, it doesn't at all mean it's locked.
Good to know, ill speak to the dealership and see if they can check if it was tuned then. They told me everything is fully under warranty so I assume I’m good.
Sponsored