Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Finally after 3 months and a half. They agreed to replace it!

A little concerned because the work receipt states something like
"replaced with new tail lights from a brand new supra without known damage" (dont have the current work receipt on me, will post it later)
meaning? they swapped out my taillights? now the "new supra" has cracked taillights? I feel bad for the one buying that supra.. or if they swapped it from another supra owner that just came for like a service without the owner knowing they swapped their taillights.

Be cautious when buying your supra (any car you buy) and check every single inch and detail of your car BEFORE rolling out of the lot.

(***Please look at your taillights if youre buying from Puente Hills Toyota***)

F5365A2B-A617-43C6-8FD7-CBB39A3C7FB5_1_105_c.jpeg

263C7170-27EC-47B1-8BCD-DBB9BF8708F4_1_105_c.jpeg
Hey bud, I am now getting really bad cracking and my closest dealership is giving me crap about it being normal too. Do you mind telling me which dealership you went to so they can give them a ring to confirm your issue so they can warranty mine? If not too much trouble, can you share your work order so I can show then that as well? I would greatly appreciate it!

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey bud, I am now getting really bad cracking and my closest dealership is giving me crap about it being normal too. Do you mind telling me which dealership you went to so they can give them a ring to confirm your issue so they can warranty mine? If not too much trouble, can you share your work order so I can show then that as well? I would greatly appreciate it!
Honestly they never admitted that it was under warranty and said "its normal" which is total BS! but i kept haranguing them about it and finally i guess they got tired of me and said that theyll do like a courtesy fix (they said something like, switching taillights with another supra they have available)

I went to Puente Hills Toyota. I currently dont have the work oder with me at the moment

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Honestly they never admitted that it was under warranty and said "its normal" which is total BS! but i kept haranguing them about it and finally i guess they got tired of me and said that theyll do like a courtesy fix (they said something like, switching taillights with another supra they have available)

I went to Puente Hills Toyota. I currently dont have the work oder with me at the moment
Thanks for replying! I'll pass them this info and hope for the best haha

OP
OP
wolf_kyle

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for replying! I'll pass them this info and hope for the best haha
yea you should show them this thread and my pics. People are also experiencing condensation in tail lights, but luckily i havent experienced it. its just really unfortunate things like this are happening, even so soon, Best of luck!

Driver181920

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully a Supra
Definitely not normal to have it cracking like that. Take to dealer. If they refuse to acknowledge the very apparent evidence. Call Toyota Corp, describe your issue & experience at the dealership, they will take care of you.

Selling point of Toyota is wide area of numerous dealership to sell & service vehicles. I'm not driving all around town to find a dealership who will acknowledge the issue. I should be able to drive to 1 dealership and have issue resolved. My *assumption* is they don't have replacement parts available and have "X" amount of days to resolve an issue.

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I'm experiencing the same cracking now as well. I've put in a warranty claim with toyota and I'll update you how it goes
Damn, my dealership has a ticket in as well so lets hope for the best. I figure if either one of us is denied and the other isnt, we can show the dealership this thread and swap info to get this resolved.

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Looking at all the pics on this thread and having trouble seeing the cracking. Perhaps I'm just not noticing the obvious. Was cleaning my car this morning though, and saw what appears to be a crack forming from the bottom of the passenger-side tail light and progressing upward. It could perhaps be something with the PPF that was applied on it, so I plan to take it to the installer to have him look before I to complaining to the dealer/Toyota. It's really not that bad, perhaps 3/4" in length.

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
Like most of the comments, different dealer and don't stop until you find a dealer who actually wants to help you now not find excuses.

Also I wonder if enough MKV's owners report this directly to Toyota Corp, perhaps a recall will be put in the works...