CTS Turbo Intake Review

DC_A90

First Name
Dickson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra White, 2018 Nismo Sentra White, 2010 Nissan GTR Titanium Silver (Past), 2012 BMW M3 Supercharged Blue (Past), 2008 BMW 135i Black (Past),
Hello fellow members. I just wanted to give everyone a quick review of the CTS Turbo Intake System. I want to iterate that I am not affiliated with them nor am I marketing anything for CTS Turbo.

I live in Vancouver Canada and with horrifying effects of Covid 19, it brings along a lot of sadness and uncertainty. It affects everyone mentally and financially. In the last few weeks, the Canadian dollar has tanked even more because of this.

Like most members, I have been eyeing on different bolt on parts for this car. I do not doubt some brands will out perform others. But over the weekend, I found a little gem about a 20 min drive from me. I have never heard of CTS Turbo and today, I decided to give them a call to see if they were opened.

The owner, Clay was friendly and knowledgeable. He tells me his brands background is VW/Audi and have ventured into BMW/Mini. He too has a MKV Supra and he gave me a glimpse of some parts he was developing (I promised I won't say what they are). I decided to get the intake and downpipe.

Now onto the review. The box was packaged nicely and safely. The intake IMHO is built with . It high quality material. It all came with necessary hardware for install and no modifications was needed. It took me about 40 mins to do the whole install. I especially appreciate the finish in wrinkle black as I feel like it offers more durability against scratches (I know it does because I dropped the pipe by an accident).

I cannot tell you intake made the car faster not did it make it any slower. However! The sound it creates was definitely music to my ears. During idle and normal cruising, everything sounds the same as stock, but once you hammer the throttle, the whole car comes alive.

Im not going to post any installation or hardware pictures as they can be found on their website. I will be installing the downpipe this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_20200413_160832.jpg

IMG_20200413_160827.jpg

IMG_20200413_151218.jpg

IMG_20200413_151224.jpg
Sponsored

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Mind posting videos inside the car of the intake?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm always wondering of any heat soak issues with these open type intakes....
Nah, it shouldn't be an issue since I'm running the Verus heat shield in addition to the intake itself. The intake has a shield that goes around it and seals against the hood.

Plus, do some checking around the web. TONS of people on the BMW forums and Supra Mk4 use them with no heat soak issues.

Last edited:

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Looks good! How is this intake compared to MST?

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Sorry, I don't have an MST to compare performance, but, my personal opinion is that it looks nicer than the MST.
definitely looks good since it’s not enclosed.

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
That's one of the best engine covers I've seen. Nice paint job and detail with the carbon fiber and GR badge!

phone

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phak.io
Car(s)
1993 Mazda Miata, 2016 MX-5, 2020 GR Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Stopping by to say i recently installed my CTS turbo intake and am very impressed. The heat shield fit good, and the product as a whole is very solid. The turbo swooshes are now audible through the cabin, which is what i wanted in the first place. Not sure how effective the heat shield is, but for daily driving I'm sure it's enough to keep temps down. Attached is a before after install pic.

edit- here's an in cabin medium pull sound test !

IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_1637_polarr.jpg

Last edited:

gtcv_kz

First Name
Kuma
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra J29
Hi there, I'm from Vancouver and use CTS Turbo intake too, I love it, sounds like BOV!
Sponsored