CTS TURBO VS Pure 850

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I don’t think there is a good “bang for the buck” turbo system yet. On one hand, you have top-of-the-line, reliable systems (EOS, P2uned) and on the other you have failure-prone systems (CTS and now Pure). FP right now has no A90 track record but they have a good rep in the Evo community. DriftMotion also has no track record. VTT also has no A90 track record.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

A90Enemy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Pure is coming out with a 850 with there new cast and it’s 3k with no core exchange needed

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
No.

Are you talking about the Evolution of Speed kit? @Jesse DaBears had nothing to do with it, but I have one. In my opinion, it's the best kit that's currently "available," but OP said, 'Bang for Buck," and the EOS kit is not for someone worried about money.

meza_3312-lowres.jpg
How come that EOS kit isn't anywhere to be found on their website?

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Yeah, I looked a while back. I noticed some sites are trash and/or not updated very often. Kind of sucks when looking for a new part, especially considering I hate calling a company and asking questions. I would much rather email/DM/text them.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It's not mass-produced. You have to arrange for one to be made. There are 5-6 kits in the wild. Mike (EOS Owner), Logan, Me, Jeff Payn's personal car, and one or two random other ones. When it's ready to be mass produced, he'll add it to the site.

You can message Mike Speed on FB and ask him to make you one.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Oh, he was maybe just going to have Mike send them a turbo? I have no idea what the fuck Jesse is talking about there.
Correct. Mike was going to send them a 6 port turbo for me so we can ensure the super core would go in without issues. We all go busy and never did it.

It should work though.

Reactions: zrk

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Expect to pay 9K+ and must have an EOS Manifold. Since most people just window shop or baulk at the price im sure EOSpeed doesnt want a ton of people just asking him questions about it. Its a good kit, spools very fast. If you have a EOS manifold and willing to spend 9K+ feel free to send me a message I can get it for you. The biggest thing that people dont see is this is a complete billet manifold with individual runners. Its not a log cast manifold that are typically real cheap and ineffective.

You get what you pay for and right now there is a big gap in the turbo systems. I think all the kits that cost over 7K have proven themselves for drag racing applications.

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
I don’t think there is a good “bang for the buck” turbo system yet. On one hand, you have top-of-the-line, reliable systems (EOS, P2uned) and on the other you have failure-prone systems (CTS and now Pure). FP right now has no A90 track record but they have a good rep in the Evo community. DriftMotion also has no track record. VTT also has no A90 track record.
If you want something with a literal track record the fastest Time Attack Supra in the US uses AMS Alpha 6 kit and the fastest one in Australia uses the Alpha 8.
But it might not be the best option for big power drag setups, and not really bang for buck.

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Hi! I have a 2020 Toyota Supra 2 port which i really wanna move on for my build. CTS have their 2port turbo in pricing wise way cheaper than the Pure850 and no core needed. My goal will be street only, but seems there`s not much review for cts turbo, anyone using them rn? let me know!
Cts won fl2k after a pure turbo failed on the car. Stealthy as well. 850 flows more but not as efficient as the 800. Some hate the cts because of the issues on release but nothing is perfect out the gate. I have a 6 port and would get the cts but I'm extremely inpatient and now going with KLM top mount kit

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
I mean if thats the case saving up is better dont you think. For like an ams even though its almost double the price I think its worth it. If ur doing something as risky as a turbo kit better not cheap out, as it could be 2600 down the drain. Better go with something that you know will deliver rather than risking it on a cheap turbo
To me way better options then the AMS I can't see the reason for pricing honestly like it's not even competitive to me. Klm, full race, Titan motorsports. Few hundred between each other

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cts won fl2k after a pure turbo failed on the car. Stealthy as well. 850 flows more but not as efficient as the 800. Some hate the cts because of the issues on release but nothing is perfect out the gate. I have a 6 port and would get the cts but I'm extremely inpatient and now going with KLM top mount kit
FL2k22 was won by Norris in the DSS car with a 2 port p2uned xona kit.