jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
Nice work. Port injection?
Thank you! Yes. Radium kit. IDX1050s. Visconti Reflex harness. PFS Lpfp. Stock intake mani for now.

and I have to thank you Mr. Kern because I used your video for the pcv port blockoff šŸ’œ
Sponsored

zona

First Name
Chee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Recently installed 2port CTS turbo kit. In 2 weeks or so will be getting it tuned. Will give a later update on power and reliability. It's only been a few a few days. I had a slight coolant and oil leak at first but that was due to install error, not tightening clamp and AN fitting enough. Following CTS break in procedure, so far in 100 miles looking good. No smoke show.

PROS:
- Nicely packaged and compact.
- Fast delivery from Titanmotorsports.
- Parts overall looks great.
- Pricing. No core exchange.

CONS:
- No install instructions. Also couldn't find information much online either from other installers. With that in mind took me around 10hrs to install > figuring out where things go, making trips to the hardware store, modifying coolant hoses, oil change, filling coolant, clean up. In terms of difficulty it was easy 2.5/5 just didn't have a sense of direction. This was my first time ever swapping a turbo so I took my time.
- 2 small design flaws. I felt the coolant hard lines could of been extended longer to reach the oem rubber lines. The turbo inlet, one of the bolt connection is in an inconvenient location. Impossible to reach without removing charge pipe.
- No specific details on the break-in procedure on the CTS website. I emailed them twice and finally got "light throttle/no boost for 500 miles".
- No installation hardware. Order ahead of time > Exhaust manifold nuts (6), turbo manifold gaskets, rear coolant block fitting o-ring, OEM oil drain hose o-rings, downpipe gasket & v-band clamp.

Tips:
- Take your time. Double triple check all clamps, fittings, hoses, nuts, and bolts are snugged and tight. The T30 bolts to the block and exhaust manifold don't require that much torque.
- Use a small dead blow hammer to lightly tap on the rear coolant block fitting if having a hard time.
- Utilize cince clamps on the coolant hoses.
- Oil feed line connection goes from Turbo >AN fitting adapter>Elbow Oil feed line>90Ā° Fitting> AN fitting block adapter.
- Prefill turbo cartridge with fresh oil with syringe. To prime turbo, remove DME plug 6 closest to firewall>connect DME plug 1-5> crank car 3 times, a few seconds each.

zona

First Name
Chee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Car made 492 whp on 91. 580 on e35. Settled on 670/630 on E65ish to preserve trans. It made more but we turned it down a touch. Will make more on higher ethanol content but didnā€™t have time to drain the last bit of 91 out that was diluting the E. Makes really cool noises and shoots huge fireballs on lift. My smile is ear to ear. Shoutout to Harrison Performance and Mr. Jeffrey T. Payn.
6BAAFF08-1A4A-45BF-98BA-D1A0A2DF188F.jpeg
How much boost were you running on each map?

zona

First Name
Chee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
šŸ‘€ more revisions to come. Went to get a baseline dyno to have an idea what power the CTS turbo was making. Don't mind the exhaust AFR, the datalog was good during the pull. About 2500 miles on turbo, no issues.

- 2 port CTS turbo @22psi MHD
- port injection reflex+ 1050cc ID
- 6pc CSF cooling package
- FBO

received_249519004338634.jpeg

Screenshot_20230610_045437_Instagram.jpg

Chee 2020 Toyota Supra CTS Turbo Dyno.jpg

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
šŸ‘€ more revisions to come. Went to get a baseline dyno to have an idea what power the CTS turbo was making. Don't mind the exhaust AFR, the datalog was good during the pull. About 2500 miles on turbo, no issues.

- 2 port CTS turbo @22psi MHD
- port injection reflex+ 1050cc ID
- 6pc CSF cooling package
- FBO

received_249519004338634.jpeg

Screenshot_20230610_045437_Instagram.jpg

Chee 2020 Toyota Supra CTS Turbo Dyno.jpg
You might be one of the only ones who got a good/reliable unit. Glad to see someone is having luck with it so far. Have you done any PCV mods to help accommodate? (Visconti valve cover or PCV block pins)?

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
i was going to say haha. maybe they worked out the bugs in the early units?

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
i was going to say haha. maybe they worked out the bugs in the early units?
Some people who have done PCV mods and added BOV have had seemingly good results I heard. Not a fan of the idea since we have amazing electronic wastegates on these from OEM, but I hope this is a good unspoken measure to help these hybrid/oem style mounts from burning up prematurely.

zona

First Name
Chee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You might be one of the only ones who got a good/reliable unit. Glad to see someone is having luck with it so far. Have you done any PCV mods to help accommodate? (Visconti valve cover or PCV block pins)?
I'm running VTT oil crankcase case breather and the pcv with a filter on it venting to atmosphere.

I see a big written number "73" on the cts turbo but I don't know if that signifies it being #73 turbo made in production lol.

jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
I have VTT oil cap breather filter, pcv blocked off and the verus closed loop air/oil separator. Looking to replace that with something vented as i do get oil coming out the cap filter after a few hard pulls. Looking at ETS as it drains to pan like my current setup.

1800 miles of hard driving on the turbo now. Still running great and smoke free.

dustwhyn

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 M340i
I have VTT oil cap breather filter, pcv blocked off and the verus closed loop air/oil separator. Looking to replace that with something vented as i do get oil coming out the cap filter after a few hard pulls. Looking at ETS as it drains to pan like my current setup.

1800 miles of hard driving on the turbo now. Still running great and smoke free.
Howā€™s she treating you? Considering this route for my M340i.

dustwhyn

First Name
Dustyn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 M340i
Still ripping hard. No issues except I need a transmission to hold the power!
Good to hear! Iā€™m most likely gonna be smart and handle my trans first just because I know myself and I donā€™t wanna end up with a broken car lol. The Applied Torque Solutions Stage 1 build has my attention. Itā€™s more than enough for this power level at a really competitive price.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
After waiting for the aftermarket turbo market to mature, I ended up rolling the dice and going with a CTS turbo. I have turbo number 127 or 129 written on my turbo. Of course I am hoping the issues are related to the first produced and people abusing them. Worst case I go back to stock turbo until a top mount can be procured.

The install was pretty straightforward, thanks @zona for the tips. I did have an issue with the manifold to turbo clamp. It arrived needing to be assembled. No problem I thought, but quickly realized the band clamp (or mating surfaces) was manufactured with almost .100 inch to little clearance across the "v" portion of the clamp. An hour or two of making a tool and spreading the "v" .1 inch and I got the turbo and manifold attached.

I have the leaking PCV code 16050A and have triple checked everything I know to check. Hopefully it's related to the PCV heater I left unplugged, as it's not there anymore. The new tune will likely code this out. I have put a couple hundred miles on the turbo with the BM3 stage 2 ots tune, avoiding boost. Looking forward to getting remote tuning with Paul Johnson.

IMG_0598.jpg

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Good to hear! Iā€™m most likely gonna be smart and handle my trans first just because I know myself and I donā€™t wanna end up with a broken car lol. The Applied Torque Solutions Stage 1 build has my attention. Itā€™s more than enough for this power level at a really competitive price.
The applied torque solutions trans will hold more power than the pure stage 1 and cost less. I did it in January this year and itā€™s been great. Canā€™t beat it šŸ‘
Sponsored