Dash display turns off suddenly while on highway

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did I press a button or something? I'm driving yesterday, glance down to check gauges, and the only things on are temp, gas, and a green lane indicator on the left. The heads up display is normal. I did notice some of the numbers on the tach were on as well.

Did I go into some weird display mode? Or is this a technical issue?

supcQb2ty2j_gwALYpX92IB.jpeg

sup1c87kCNup8w88vrYpX92IB.jpeg

supE-FApX92IB.jpeg
Sponsored

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
That looks broken. I'm assuming car didn't go into limp mode or anything?

Did you get a low voltage warning? (Check the battery voltage to be sure)

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
That looks broken. I'm assuming car didn't go into limp mode or anything?

Did you get a low voltage warning? (Check the battery voltage to be sure)
no, no warnings of any sort. I don't think it went into any odd modes; aiside from the wacky gauges everything else seemed normal.

I'll check battery tonight. After shutting the car off and back on things came back to normal but this was disconcerting!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
no, no warnings of any sort. I don't think it went into any odd modes; aiside from the wacky gauges everything else seemed normal.

I'll check battery tonight. After shutting the car off and back on things came back to normal but this was disconcerting!
Yea, just check the battery voltage both with and without load, then start the car and make sure it's getting enough juice from the alternator. The weird standby mode these cars go into when you leave the vehicle after turning it off have always concerned me in regards to draining the battery prematurely.

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Oh snap I was hoping that was NOT the answer- I hoped it might be a display mode like "darkula" ha!!!

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OK, I finally got into service at the dealer. It was sorta a non-event, but as-promised , here are the results.

I gave them the jpg images of the dash fault, so they knew what had happened. They could not replicate it, which didn't surprise me as it only happened once in 3,000 miles.

They checked with Toyota and they said there are no known defects reported like this before.

They recommended the available software update, but I said NO until I check with my forum experts. They said it might prevent ECM flashing?

Should I do the update?

So- that's the whole story guys not much to report. It hasn't happened again. They said if it does, bring it back.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
OK, I finally got into service at the dealer. It was sorta a non-event, but as-promised , here are the results.

I gave them the jpg images of the dash fault, so they knew what had happened. They could not replicate it, which didn't surprise me as it only happened once in 3,000 miles.

They checked with Toyota and they said there are no known defects reported like this before.

They recommended the available software update, but I said NO until I check with my forum experts. They said it might prevent ECM flashing?

Should I do the update?

So- that's the whole story guys not much to report. It hasn't happened again. They said if it does, bring it back.
You have a 2020, so I believe the ECU update would at worst require another (or first) bench unlock. But still tunable. The hardware is the same, so you shouldn't be full locked.

OP
OP

spydox

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You have a 2020, so I believe the ECU update would at worst require another (or first) bench unlock. But still tunable. The hardware is the same, so you shouldn't be full locked.
Do you know what's in the update? Is it advisable to get it? TY

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Had the same error on my old 650i. BMW flashed the control Unit. But it was a known error these days.

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Soooo, what was the remedy for this issue?
Sponsored