Datalogging - Lap times and vehicle telemetry all in one!

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
@FLtrackdays I actually replicated what @TYRFRYR did. He was the first to install one of these in the Supra and figure out the CAN address stuff, and now he has figured out even more. Lot's of credit to him.

@theQuaybee You can get Trans temp over CAN, or over the obd2 port with the new stuff @TYRFRYR has figured out. Since I believe you already have the CAN stuff set up, try #8 in this list:
Sponsored

TYRFRYR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thesecretingredient.neocities.org
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
It looks like the offset is blank. Any idea what those values should be?
Unfortunately, that 39A message doesn't appear to be on our PT-CAN.

g29_can_bus.jpg

The DME, EGS (Transmission), and GWS (Gear Selector) Module are on PT-CAN2, but you'd have to move your CAN bus tap. The only accessible location that I'm aware of is at the DME: Connector 1B, Pin 35 (hi), Pin 36 (lo). That appears to be a dedicated peer CAN network, so the messaging might be limited to the DME/EGS/GWS interactions.

That's what prompted me to develop the Service 0x22 Script. Transmission Fluid Temperature is available as a Service 0x22 PID.

g29_can_bus.jpg

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
Unfortunately the only item in that list available from Service 0x01 OBD-II is TPS.

All three are available via PT-CAN or Service 0x22 OBD-II. Although the Brake value is in Pressure (Front and Rear).

Personally, I don't monitor TPS because it isn't a true driver input. It's controlled by the DME. For True Driver Input, you should monitor APP (Accelerator Pedal Position).
For APP would that be PID 49 or 4A from the OBD-II list?