DAW FlowMax Turbos - 2 Port and 6 Port - 1 Fast Supra!

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Yes, AMS IM + 1050 injectors and CSG/Titan fuel system + surge tank.

Fueling isn’t getting taxed too hard though. Was making 570whp on DI
570 whp is no slouch in these cars. Was that just with this turbo and 93 gas?
Sponsored

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I was planning to install PI and support mods including a new clutch on my MT.

But is there a point if I’m going to run 93 + octane booster with the larger turbo?
My local shop who is amazing recommended Spec Clutch. Spoke to Spec based in Alabama and their customer service was second to none.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Anyone use an Armaspeed intake on the DAW? The rubber coupling keeps getting loose/not fitting. I miss the nice sounds.
PSA: I dont use the housing it comes with since the fitment is meh.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Hey guys. Dropped off my supra this morning to get the 6-port Flow Max and my EOS mani installed. Install today and tuning on thurs by Sameh.

did a baseline run on the dyno it's going to get tuned on. This dyno apparently reads low. It's the dyno shop EPC uses, so when they say it runs low, I believe them. I put down 473whp/525tq on this dyno. BM3 MultiMap 1.2 OTS and had E50/51 in the tank.
For reference, on a different dyno jet I put down 440/456 with the exact setup but with a JB4 on E20. Once all the tuning is complete, I plan to go back to my original dyno and see what the difference is. Anyways, they're just fucking numbers. I can tell you that it is significantly faster on BM3 than JB4... way bigger difference than the numbers show. again, two different dynos.

Here she is right before I drove to EPC in Va. this morning
IMG_20231017_133511_687.jpg

Here's the pulls. The green pull was the last one after we let it cool down for 10min. the first 2 were pulled within a few minutes of each other.
20231017_110818.jpg

Here's the log file from the last dyno pull
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=652ea819d10b434a9cd78284

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
@OldHead-MKV-Owner what down pipe are you running? I’m actually really conflicted about the whole HP dyno numbers thing. My numbers are a little better than yours but not much. I raced a new Z06 in some nasty curves and some crazy straights. We were pretty even the whole run. Almost 15 miles. I’m really wanting to go with a bigger turbo and jump up to 550ish wheel but now I’m not so sure.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
@OldHead-MKV-Owner what down pipe are you running? I’m actually really conflicted about the whole HP dyno numbers thing. My numbers are a little better than yours but not much. I raced a new Z06 in some nasty curves and some crazy straights. We were pretty even the whole run. Almost 15 miles. I’m really wanting to go with a bigger turbo and jump up to 550ish wheel but now I’m not so sure.
mods that matter for this:
AA catted DP
Eventuri intake
HKS hi-power exhaust
ftp charge pipe
BM3 flex fuel kit
xHP stage 3

I wish I could have taken back to the original dyno so I could get a 1:1 I will be taking it back to the original dyno once the turbo and tune are ready. but then it will be an equal(ish) comparison. I will get to see the delta between the two dynos.

Do you have a chart of your pulls? what mods you rocking?

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
mods that matter for this:
AA catted DP
Eventuri intake
HKS hi-power exhaust
ftp charge pipe
BM3 flex fuel kit
xHP stage 3

I wish I could have taken back to the original dyno so I could get a 1:1 I will be taking it back to the original dyno once the turbo and tune are ready. but then it will be an equal(ish) comparison. I will get to see the delta between the two dynos.

Do you have a chart of your pulls? what mods you rocking?
I wish I had a chart. I need to check into that. My buddy did video it. I’m waiting for him to send it to me. He said we hit 160 twice but damn if I know. I was too busy watching the road.
Im running a catless down pipe and was on an e30 blend. On e50 I’m 500 HP but I’m 600 torque. It’s so damn difficult to get e fuel here. That’s honestly the only reason I’m considering a bigger turbo.
Sponsored