DAW FlowMax Turbos - 2 Port and 6 Port - 1 Fast Supra!

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Would anyone mind putting me in the right direction? For the wastegate heat shield I cannot line it up without hitting this hose. Even if I line it up correctly, the hose does not line up. Anyone mind sharing pictures/advice? Thanks!

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jesse DaBears

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Would anyone mind putting me in the right direction? For the wastegate heat shield I cannot line it up without hitting this hose. Even if I line it up correctly, the hose does not line up. Anyone mind sharing pictures/advice? Thanks!

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg
Most people just leave it off. Especially considering all 2020s didn't even come with one. I had a couple guys notch the shield as well to get it to go on.

Ultra flow Rs accommodate for it and fit.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Most people just leave it off. Especially considering all 2020s didn't even come with one. I had a couple guys notch the shield as well to get it to go on.

Ultra flow Rs accommodate for it and fit.
So it would be best to take the heat shield off and just use the blanket that goes around it?

xnick101

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M340i
Anyone have any dyno numbers or 60-130 on the new Daw Revised blade turbo? Ultraflow-R.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Does the DAW turbo inlet retain the PCV heater sensor, to avoid that CEL?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/is...upra-and-losing-my-warranty.17173/post-267256

Found the answer to my question on whether it can be coded out after unlocking. it looks like flash tunes CANNOT force a READY state on the secondary o2 sensor. however, it looks like all other CEL suppressions will spoof a ready state for OBD emissions (including the PCV system).

furthermore, Illinois allows one NOT READY sensor. however, it cannot be the secondary o2 sensor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midweste...estion-readiness-monitors-2.html#post11684697

Last edited:

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Hey Kyle, any update? Curious to see where the numbers are coming out... really want to see the curves too.
Just bought this same turbo and getting it installed soon.
I'm going with a upgraded hpfp cause have no plans to go over 650whp.

Having trouble with the reflex box. CAN communication is working now (shoutout to @Zupraman for the help!) but there are misfiring issues with PI is switched on... hopefully today it gets fixed and tuning is finished.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Hey Kyle, any update? Curious to see where the numbers are coming out... really want to see the curves too.
Just bought this same turbo and getting it installed soon.
I'm going with a upgraded hpfp cause have no plans to go over 650whp.
AMS said this is the most they can get out of it. 611hp on their hub dyno.

32.7psi

tune seems a bit unstable below 4k rpm. If you lift and try to get back on it below 4k it gets super jerky. Might try another tuner.

IMG_1470.jpeg

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the reply. This is great man. Exactly where I want to be minus the jerkyness. Definitely find another tuner if your not happy. If not a local tuner, some street pulls will help them clean that up.
I'm running ots maps right now, bm3 multimap, and it has 3 throttle surges between 2-3k. 2,100, 2,400, and 2,900. Freaking sucks. Especially going up hills, super pronounced.
I'm waiting for the flow max to be installed before getting a custom tune.

AMS said this is the most they can get out of it. 611hp on their hub dyno.

32.7psi

tune seems a bit unstable below 4k rpm. If you lift and try to get back on it below 4k it gets super jerky. Might try another tuner.

IMG_1470.jpeg

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Was that on 93 or an E blend?
MS109. So about 104 octane. Probably similar results vs e85.

I do think that timing advance could be more aggressive than it currently is and boost could be reduced a bit to reduce possible surge.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice. I'll post back here once installed and tuned. I'll be on multimap with flex enabled so probably running an E30-40 blend. Honestly, i have no clue how this turbo with react so will be leaning heavily on the tuner. Still searching for one that's familiar with this turbo and BM3.

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
MS109. So about 104 octane. Probably similar results vs e85.

I do think that timing advance could be more aggressive than it currently is and boost could be reduced a bit to reduce possible surge.
What fueling mods? PI and lpfp?

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Yes, AMS IM + 1050 injectors and CSG/Titan fuel system + surge tank.

Fueling isn’t getting taxed too hard though. Was making 570whp on DI
Definitely not fuel limited. If you’re looking for another tuner look up Bend Calibration. They do more circuit driven cars so they know how important throttle mapping is.
Sponsored