Deposit on a 2022 model in the DMV area?

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium Red, 2006 Lexus GX470
Hey all,

I have been in the market to buy a Supra 3.0 Premium in red for about a month now in the DMV area. It seems like supply has dried up for the 2021 models. Is anyone in the same boat? Has any one gone through and put a deposit down with anyone for a 2022 model? And if so where? I'm not able to find any info on when the 2022 models should start coming in.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Hey all,

I have been in the market to buy a Supra 3.0 Premium in red for about a month now in the DMV area. It seems like supply has dried up for the 2021 models. Is anyone in the same boat? Has any one gone through and put a deposit down with anyone for a 2022 model? And if so where? I'm not able to find any info on when the 2022 models should start coming in.
dried up? More like I am not even sure they can sell the remaining 2021 stock now Bc of the brake recalls

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm sure there are plenty of dealers that would take a deposit for a 2022 even if we don't have a release date yet. There is nothing preventing them from taking a deposit and placing the order when the order banks open, though obviously you want something committing them to MSRP. Have you tried calling or emailing any dealers yet? Passport and Ourisman might be a good place to start. Koons is hit or miss, mostly miss.

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Hey all,

I know one member actually got allocated for a 22 Supra. They are located in Rockville at a Subaru dealership. (Weird I know...)

OP
OP
waagwan

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure there are plenty of dealers that would take a deposit for a 2022 even if we don't have a release date yet. There is nothing preventing them from taking a deposit and placing the order when the order banks open, though obviously you want something committing them to MSRP. Have you tried calling or emailing any dealers yet? Passport and Ourisman might be a good place to start. Koons is hit or miss, mostly miss.
Got it. Yeah I have reached out to Darcars in Silver Spring who is willing to place the order for me with a refundable deposit. Going to reach out and make sure they can commit to MSRP. Will try Ourisman as well, thanks.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Got it. Yeah I have reached out to Darcars in Silver Spring who is willing to place the order for me with a refundable deposit. Going to reach out and make sure they can commit to MSRP. Will try Ourisman as well, thanks.
Oh shit! I tried buying a 2021 supra a few months ago and these guys are crooks. Watch out for a guy named John Desouza. He tried to pull a fast one on your boy.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
If a dealership is accepting deposits now, aren’t they earning interest on that money until the car comes in? I read somewhere that the 2022s won’t come in until close to the beginning of 2022.

OP
OP
waagwan

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh shit! I tried buying a 2021 supra a few months ago and these guys are crooks. Watch out for a guy named John Desouza. He tried to pull a fast one on your boy.
Lol thanks for the heads up! They were being a bit weird anyways. I'm talking to Passport in Suitland and they guaranteed me MSRP when it comes in so probably will go with them. (which according to them is 8-12 weeks)

OP
OP
waagwan

waagwan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If a dealership is accepting deposits now, aren’t they earning interest on that money until the car comes in? I read somewhere that the 2022s won’t come in until close to the beginning of 2022.
The deposit is $500 and should be refundable so not a big deal to me. I just want to make sure I get first dibs - doesn't seem like this supply shortage will be ending anytime soon.

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
My 2022 is scheduled to arrive in Mid Oct. Was told that the build date for the car is early Sept. Dealer took a 500 deposit and now just the waiting game...In the meantime gathering parts has been pretty fun.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Interesting. I've talked to a few different dealerships, and they all said they're expecting the 22's to come in the first week of September.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
They offered me a screaming-good deal when I was shopping for my ‘21. Not sure what happens when you order, but anyway