Did you get an extended warranty for your Supra?

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Ahhh, I’ll just go the safe route. Probably shouldn’t haven’t gotten the extended. Damn, going to have to swallow this one.
Cancel the warranty If you don’t want it. You’ll get pro-rated money back. There will be a number somewhere on the warranty paperwork. Cancel and go do your mods.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I had my GT350 for four years. I traded it in at a Toyota dealership. When I went back to the Ford dealer I had no problem canceling the extended warranty and receiving the prorated remainder. I was even able to cash in my lifetime oil change plan. The Supra is so much more enjoyable tuned I wouldn't think of driving it stock. And this is the first time I have ever heard a tuner warranty his tune. Impressive.

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
TFS platinum extended warranty

Has anyone purchased this?
I guess we can wait and see if there are any issues during the std 3/36K factory warrNty period
If there are issues, it might be worth getting the extended warranty

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Is this your first car you've ever purchased?
No. Bought a new Camry and a new Prius. Declined the extended warranty. No issues for 200k and 100k miles respectively
But this one, because of the BMW internals, I am giving it thought.

Last edited:

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
But this one, because of the BMW internals, I am giving it thought.
I agree. I know extended warranties are intended to be a profit centre for the manufacturer, but I decided to purchase the Toyota ECP Platinum plan (the Canadian equivalent of the US Toyota VSA Platinum plan) because it seemed priced for a Toyota, not a BMW. I never actually bought it, though, because the local dealership said I'd need to physically come in to purchase it, and I was t-boned on the way there. :(

If my Supra is totalled out and I get a new one, I plan to buy the Toyota extended warranty. If it's repaired, I'll pass.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Stop wasting your money. Extended warranties are the biggest cash grabs for dealers. When the factory warranty ends, and you plan on keeping the car and it's still stock, THEN buy an extended warranty. Not before.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Stop wasting your money. Extended warranties are the biggest cash grabs for dealers. When the factory warranty ends, and you plan on keeping the car and it's still stock, THEN buy an extended warranty. Not before.
I feel like you (and I to a smaller extent I) make this post in all the extended warranty threads :rofl: If only there was a search button.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I feel like you (and I to a smaller extent I) make this post in all the extended warranty threads :rofl: If only there was a search button.
Yup lol. It's such a scam. Just trying to help people save money.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
^this...

Extended warranties purchased at time of sale is the greatest money grab scam I've seen...

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I truly don't see why not at that price. I firmly believe in Murphy's Law and I enjoy the peace of mind since I tend to (over)stress about issues with my car.

For example when I purchased my F10, it fully passed a PPI but I still purchased a third party extended warranty which was ~$3,000 for 36 months and 36,000 miles. Now it may seem kinda expensive for not that long of coverage but within the first 30 days my oil pan started leaking, oil filter housing gasket started leaking, and a front axle needed replacing. Murphy's law. The repair bill was well over $5,000 which means the warranty paid for itself within the first month and I had a new 7 series as a loaner for the week. I have not had any issues with the car since and even if I don't need to use the warranty again, I easily got my money back and I don't have to worry if shit hits the fan again.
Stories like this scare me away from German cars. Another reason why I'm not 100% sold on the Zupra yet.
Sponsored