Did you guys have a Driver Assistance error after installing aftermarket CF side mirror covers?

Did you have issues with Driver Assistance after installing aftermarket CF side mirror covers?

• Total voters

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0
Wondering if anyone else has experienced a Driver Assistance error caused by installing aftermarket CF side mirror covers?

I got an error and took it to the dealer and they are saying it's caused by the aftermarket side mirror covers. But I find it kind of hard to believe that the mirror housing cover on the front of the housing is causing an issue with a sensor that points backwards...

I admit though, the timing is a bit suspect as I started having this issue not long after installing the mirror covers. I do like these CF covers, so I don't really want to take them off...

Thanks for input
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Did you accidently disconnected or damage something?

OP
OP

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0
Did you accidently disconnected or damage something?
The only thing that is different is that I didn't hook up the mirror defroster... But I didn't think that would cause any issues... The plug that is for the BSM is hooked up like normal.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The only thing that is different is that I didn't hook up the mirror defroster... But I didn't think that would cause any issues... The plug that is for the BSM is hooked up like normal.
These control modules are insane. That's likely it.

bryevander

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
IMG_9010.jpeg

I completely replaced my mirrors with aftermarket ones and surprisingly, did not come across any errors. I did lose blind spot monitoring but that was expected though.

howetennel

First Name
Howe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X5
Wondering if anyone else has experienced a Driver Assistance error caused by installing aftermarket CF side mirror covers?

I got an error and took it to the dealer and they are saying it's caused by the aftermarket side mirror covers. But I find it kind of hard to believe that the mirror housing cover on the front of the housing is causing an issue https://epicvin.com/vin-decoder/bmw with a sensor that points backwards...

I admit though, the timing is a bit suspect as I started having this issue not long after installing the mirror covers. I do like these CF covers, so I don't really want to take them off...

Thanks for input
I'm quite surprised to find out that the mirror housing cover could cause this problem
Sponsored