Parking assistance malfunction error

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Got an ENET and Toyota ISTA.

Recalibrated EPS and suggested test modules given by the errors. Cleared the errors.

When backing out this morning, the sensors work, camera work, etc.. but after about 5 seconds, the car then throws the "parking assistant malfunction" even though the sensors are all working and beeping.

When arriving and parking at work and throwing it back into reverse (reengaging parking assist), the system just doesn't use any of the sensors at all. Really puzzling.

Here are the errors that I gathered, (ignore the last). I thought recalibration would work but I'm going to try to update the SW package tonight once I get a battery charger.
09E180BA-75F2-403A-A96E-DA7EFDEFFF7A.jpeg
Sponsored

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Calibration didnā€™t work for me. Issue still plagues me 2 years later.
Tried any iStep update?
Yes I have. In fact I even had a full update done, that locked my ECU (lost my tune, had to have ECU bench unlocked) and the errors remain. Dealership had it for over 60 days without a solution. So took it home.
Had this issue too and Toyota tried to blame it on my CF steering wheel. Took it to a different dealership that knew wtf theyā€™re doing and had the steering angle recalibrated and fixed.
5C430738-9A63-4CBC-B675-4DCBCC9B57FE.jpeg

Update for anybody who runs into this issue in the future.

I updated my car from S18T-21-07-555 to S18T-22-11-553 and no more parking assistant malfunction. I'm guessing itā€™s a common bug as suggested by others. System is working like it should and car isnā€™t throwing anymore errors.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
5C430738-9A63-4CBC-B675-4DCBCC9B57FE.jpeg

Update for anybody who runs into this issue in the future.

I updated my car from S18T-21-07-555 to S18T-22-11-553 and no more parking assistant malfunction. I'm guessing itā€™s a common bug as suggested by others. System is working like it should and car isnā€™t throwing anymore errors.
how was this updated?

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
how was this updated?
Via the latest (Toyota) ISTA from the TIS website. I noticed there's not a real DIY guide on the forum. May write something up this week.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
Well shitā€¦ my 2024 just started doing this sensors go nuts when I put it in reverse

SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Sorry to revive this old thread yā€™all .
Iā€™m having the parking assistance malfunction warning.
It only happens when the engine is On, I tried to scan it but as soon as I turn off the car, the warning light disappear and when I plug the Obdx link it says that no warnings and all of the systems are OK.
Any ideas how can I retrieve the code?
I really donā€™t want to take the car to the dealer!
Best
Sponsored