Do I sell my 2.0?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Get rid of that 2.0 or rip it out and stuff a built 2JZ in it.
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Crazy people just buy cars just becuase. When i buy a car its cuase i love it and have no plans to get rid of it anytime so soon. People cant even stick 2 years with a car, smh this is why itl be 2050 and car dealerships Will continue using dealer markups bs probably still use 2020 as an excuse lmao

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Crazy people just buy cars just becuase. When i buy a car its cuase i love it and have no plans to get rid of it anytime so soon. People cant even stick 2 years with a car, smh this is why itl be 2050 and car dealerships Will continue using dealer markups bs probably still use 2020 as an excuse lmao
Preach, finally someone I can relate to, seems like people here change cars as often as they change underwear (that's assuming they have good hygiene šŸ˜…) if you buy and sell cars like the stock exchange, then stfu with the bitching about mark ups. šŸ« šŸ¤« reap what you sow.

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
Thatā€™s a good offer. They only offered me 45k for my 2020 3.0 premium with 17k miles.

Iā€™d take it and upgrade! I think you can get a 3.0 premium with ~50k miles for around 45k.

somekindafuzz

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I just checked for fun and they offered me $47k for a premium ā€™21. No thanks. Iā€™ll pay it off this month and just keep it Even though I donā€™t drive it much. Itā€™s a tuneable one so maybe it will hold its value better, but probably not.

I vote keep the 2.0 and enjoy it Instead of switching for a 3.0. Or make your $3k and get something else cool since youā€™ve already Supraā€™d.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Iā€™d put the equity you have into a 2020 Premium or Launch Edition and tune to your heartā€™s desire. I certainly wouldnā€™t regret it.

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
It not "just because". As a car guy I love cars from all different brands and want to experience different makes/models.

There is also a difference between someone who can afford to do it and someone who cannot. Which is why most rich car enthusiasts have car collections and are always buying the new model. Average joe people buying a new car every year is probably not a good idea.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It not "just because". As a car guy I love cars from all different brands and want to experience different makes/models.

There is also a difference between someone who can afford to do it and someone who cannot. Which is why most rich car enthusiasts have car collections and are always buying the new model. Average joe people buying a new car every year is probably not a good idea.
If you wanna experience everything like some college girl then lease a car it makes no sense to buy and sell every year. For instance their are people who consider this there dream car and want to keep it for life. Then there are people who donā€™t really care and do everything to scalp a car from dealerships across the country just to end up getting rid of it less than 2 years. Greed like this is why dealerships think its ok to add markups because of the ā€œwantā€ of the car. Its greed of both the idiot consumers and manufacturers and soon its gonna destroy this country itā€™s already happeningā€¦

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
If you wanna experience everything like some college girl then lease a car it makes no sense to buy and sell every year. For instance their are people who consider this there dream car and want to keep it for life. Then there are people who donā€™t really care and do everything to scalp a car from dealerships across the country just to end up getting rid of it less than 2 years. Greed like this is why dealerships think its ok to add markups because of the ā€œwantā€ of the car. Its greed of both the idiot consumers and manufacturers and soon its gonna destroy this country itā€™s already happeningā€¦
A lease is to long and its hard to get out of it if something else comes up. Also if you knew anything about sport car leasing you would know they have terrible lease rates. People have had these kinds of buying habits long before covid and markups were so common. I would bet markups will eventually go away and the same type of car habits will exist when things normalize again. The average person who buys a car keeps it for years. We are only talking about the car enthusiast here.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A lease is to long and its hard to get out of it if something else comes up. Also if you knew anything about sport car leasing you would know they have terrible lease rates. People have had these kinds of buying habits long before covid and markups were so common. I would bet markups will eventually go away and the same type of car habits will exist when things normalize again. The average person who buys a car keeps it for years. We are only talking about the car enthusiast here.
Yeah these ā€œcar enthusiasts/youtubersā€have always been the problem its just have gotten much worse now since 2020

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
Yeah these ā€œcar enthusiasts/youtubersā€have always been the problem its just have gotten much worse now since 2020
This notion that markups will be around for years to come because of a small percentage of people buy cars "just because" really is a ridiculous statement. Is my whole point here.

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
I bought a 2021 Supra 2.0 (w tech package) in November 2021 for $2500 off the MSRP. That was a pretty good deal at the time TBH.

Today I checked the Carmax selling price and I can sell the car for a $3K profit! They offered me $43,400. I would get all of my down payment back plus an additional $3K. That 3.0 manual (or even a new M2 if I wait a bit longer to increase my downpayment) is really calling my name, BUT the interest rates really suck right now! Even with great credit the interest rates are over 6% at my credit union. My current interest rate is 2.7%.

Should I sell it, sock the money away and wait for things to calm down and get the manual version later on in the year? I still have a fun 95 Miata to drive around as well as my Lexus IS300.

I really like my 2.0, but it is EXTREMELY tempting to make $3K after owning the car for ~18 months.

Decisions, decisions........
I think you're gonna sell it, but you probably shouldn't. What made you check for an offer?

Whatever you do, ask yourself if you're okay being "stuck" with whatever vehicle you replace it with. That profit you speak of will get lost in taxes or "mods", so it's probably gone already. Research those manual cars and local prices before you sell. They're probably marked up more than your "profit".

I can't say that I have ever loved any car, but I think once you get that idea of a potential upgrade in your head, it may never leave.

If you do sell it, don't buy anything (with financing) until 2024/25. Going from a 2.0 to a 3.0 isn't worth it at today's rates.

Drive what you want....šŸŽšŸŽšŸŽšŸŽšŸŽ

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Sense we are all giving advice we donā€™t necessarily follow ourselves. Sell/trade all three cars for a 2018 civic base. Invest in gold for 2-4 years. Buy a whatever the new hotness is in 2027 outright.

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
prime rate went up 0.25% yesterday, continuing its trend of gradually increasing.
interest rates won't be getting any better-- we're currently on a bank scare and there's a 'global banking crisis'

friend, it's up to you.
be cautious and hold on to your valuables
or
world is ending anyway, might as well buy an incredible car

you want an opinion? do it lol. you can refinance with another bank down the line, EZ
with awesome cars like the NA miata and IS300, i'd say stick to ZF8 and get an auto
just FYI many people buy their cars with full cash, so interest rate is not a problem at all.
Sponsored