DO NOT Buy A Steering Wheel From "VQCarbonCustoms"

dayschasingcars

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Absolute Zero White Supra 3.0
I ordered a steering wheel from these guys as some others had on this forum. I got a custom order one, which they say takes 5 weeks; fair.
First email I send to them (After 3 attempts) gives me a sarcastic rude response about the ETA.
5 weeks goes by and I have to send 2 more emails to reach them, and they say "this week or next week at the latest"
Now it is the 6th week, and my emails, calls, texts, are all being ignored and I'm close to opening a case with paypal.
$1200 is a lot of money and not something to play games with, and these guys are horrible about communication.
Any recommendations for a steering wheel company that ships quickly, and offers the LED module?
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I ordered a steering wheel from these guys as some others had on this forum. I got a custom order one, which they say takes 5 weeks; fair.
First email I send to them (After 3 attempts) gives me a sarcastic rude response about the ETA.
5 weeks goes by and I have to send 2 more emails to reach them, and they say "this week or next week at the latest"
Now it is the 6th week, and my emails, calls, texts, are all being ignored and I'm close to opening a case with paypal.
$1200 is a lot of money and not something to play games with, and these guys are horrible about communication.
Any recommendations for a steering wheel company that ships quickly, and offers the LED module?
They all come from the same Chinese factory overseas. There are a few vendors that have them available on their site (EastCoastSupra) or off menu (P2uned can order them and they have installed a few as well).

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Parcel shipments sucks right now out of Asia. I had a package I ordered in January that arrived in April.. I ordered something expensive out of Japan (sorry to say A LOT more than your steering wheel) in March and it's still sitting at the port for over a month. I don't plan on opening a case with Paypal until end of May/early June.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I'd give them a break, it likely isn't their fault but one more of Covid's aftermath. From my line of work I can tell you supply chain is f*cked up pretty much for everything and everywhere.

My wheels had an ETA of 3 weeks and I had to wait 9 weeks for them and it was a USA-Canada delivery!!. Thankfully I ordered them way ahead of time, but just to give you an idea.

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Seems logical that they all order from the same place. I've been trying to figure out the differences between them and haven't seen any in my opinion. When something is the same price everywhere you can probably bet it isn't made in house.

With that being said yea, nothing is ever on time anymore.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
$650 for this one.
~ I ordered nearly the same wheel for $699.
I was told it would take one week to produce and another week to arrive. ?

Carbon top and bottom
Flat bottom
Smooth black leather with side grips
But in Black stitching (red in photo)
No top line

4938EFE0-3C28-458C-96FE-58BEABC8CC0C.jpeg

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
Parcel delivery is totally broken from China to North America. If you do order from Aliexpress, talk with the vendor and ask how much it would cost to ship via EMS. It's really the only reliable way to get anything today.

I've had a parcel delivery stuck in China for over 8 weeks now. No movement on tracking since March.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
~ I ordered nearly the same wheel for $699.
I was told it would take one week to produce and another week to arrive. ?

Carbon top and bottom
Flat bottom
Smooth black leather with side grips
But in Black stitching (red in photo)
No top line

4938EFE0-3C28-458C-96FE-58BEABC8CC0C.jpeg
Where did you order yours from?

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Crazy, I had a good experience with them, but I think they had the wheel in stock. Had it within a week, so yeah. Had your same experience with East Coast Supra, and a friend had to wait for like four months because they screwed up the first order. The only thing you can fault these shops for is giving unrealistic delivery times when they should know better. Seems like they're underestimating by at least a few weeks.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ordered Supra Star hood vents... 11 days from order date to my mailbox today out of Taiwan.... Your complaint is legit. :thumbsup:

nse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, LS2 FD RX7
I feel your frustrating but honestly, they're just waiting on it to arrive to them. 6 vs 5 weeks is nothing in the current climate. It's not like they're getting daily updates from the freight company and have any new information to give to you. Ignoring your communication isn't good, but having been on the other side it can be frustrating when a customer is constantly asking the same question and you can only keep giving the same reply.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
We make our wheels in the US fully custom (4 weeks), we also stock the most common setups so they ship within 2 business days. Our prices for BMW steering wheels start at $699 for stocked setups and $799 for custom builds.

If there is enough demand for Supra steering wheels, we'll start offering it for this platform as well
Sponsored