Do NOT buy a Supra right now

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Despite the engine and looks of front end, I can't say that I like it from the back. looks too busy. I don't like the exhaust either. Contrary to rear, front end looks empty. Logo is missing from this proto vehicle. Looks better with it. Maybe vent or something is needed..
Oh and the wing! Oh my, looks horrible and cheap!
Exhaust tips... pfft compared to the C7's aggressive round tips, these 4 are ugly, cheap, not attractive..
Honestly, I like the current C7 more! C7 looks more aggressive, meaner, etc.
I saw a weird gray, red and this blue C8. I wasn't "wowed" by any. Red was the better among them....

20190818_145700.jpg

20190818_145707.jpg

20190818_145723.jpg

20190818_145726.jpg

20190818_145734.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Not my argument to defend but based on your logic since I'm on "that forum" I must agree with everything said on it? Because on "this forum" they totally don't do that? right.

Again, like ive said I like the car, just not to buy. Maybe in 2 years when they are 30k I'll pick one up for a daily driver. I've helped 2 people now in purchasing them, I've sat in them, driven them. But yet I'm not welcome here by some to voice my discontent. Interesting group of free thinkers you all have here.
Nobody’s telling you that you aren’t free to voice your opinion - it’s actually nice to have folks with different opinions on here. And I didn't state that those arguments are yours - you just said "You honestly thought people didnt know once you start adding options to the c8 it wouldn't be significantly more than the z4upra? No kidding." - but one of the major points people have been using as the basis of their arguments for the C8 (such as the example I provided) is that the A90 and C8 basically cost the same so why would anyone ever consider the A90?

For the record, you're actually one of the more reasonable folks on the Supra Forums... many of them can't get past the level of "Zupr4 not a Supra!" and "Toyota plant!" if you try to say anything positive about the A90, whereas you're generally at least constructive and willing to engage in meaningful conversation.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Nobody’s telling you that you aren’t free to voice your opinion - it’s actually nice to have folks with different opinions on here. And I didn't state that those arguments are yours - you just said "You honestly thought people didnt know once you start adding options to the c8 it wouldn't be significantly more than the z4upra? No kidding." - but one of the major points people have been using as the basis of their arguments for the C8 (such as the example I provided) is that the A90 and C8 basically cost the same so why would anyone ever consider the A90?

For the record, you're actually one of the more reasonable folks on the Supra Forums... many of them can't get past the level of "Zupr4 not a Supra!" and "Toyota plant!" if you try to say anything positive about the A90, whereas you're generally at least constructive and willing to engage in meaningful conversation.
Much appreciated, I can agree with that.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
I like the supra for what it is. I like the wheelbase and I like the aftermarket. I don't know if the c8 will contend with that at my price point of 60k. I am looking for a nimble great handling car. I don't know that the c8 can be nimble. What are your thoughts.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
What is your definition of better? Both cars will have their + and -. Sure the C8 is quicker and has a nicer looking interior, but let's not over look GM's past history on quality, or lack of.
Better in that a car was brought to the table through in house development teams with a common goal instead of two different ones. A car that was not assembled with off the shelf parts, parts bin engineered drivetrain with a characature of the ft1 stretched over its soulless carcass. It doesnt do anything special that hasn't been done before. With that said, its quick, respond to modifications already existent in the BMW space well, and truly should have been a pure bmw product for bmw only.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the supra for what it is. I like the wheelbase and I like the aftermarket. I don't know if the c8 will contend with that at my price point of 60k. I am looking for a nimble great handling car. I don't know that the c8 can be nimble. What are your thoughts.
Those were definitely some of the key considerations for me too, but one of the biggest things for me was a very subjective factor: looks. I just love the way the A90 looks. Do I wish it had a little more FT-1 and a few less fake vents (especially the door ones)? Absolutely. But I still think that it's a great looking vehicle and pictures don't do it justice. The C8, on the other hand, had the opposite effect on me. I feel like it looks a lot better in pictures than it does in person - I saw one in the wild in a parking lot and had a quick walk around to see if perhaps it was another A90 situation. I already didn't like the rear end based on what I'd seen in pictures, but after seeing it in person, the whole thing just seemed too "busy" to me. I can totally understand if someone likes it - people have different tastes; it just wasn't for me.

The thing that is a little bit sad to see is how easy it's been for Chevy to cause people to mistakenly believe the whole "the C8 offers 0-60 in under 3 seconds for under $60k!" hype (which has subtly been switched to "the C8 offers nearly 200mph for under $60k!" since the release of their pricing structure). You don't get that without the Z51 package, which puts you at $65,000, and then if you want any of the other modern features on top of that your looking at at least $72k (2LT package + Z51) plus whatever else you add on from there.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So what's the 0-60 without the z51? I like the fact the supra makes 430 to 450ish whp under $1000. Pretty impressive if you ask me. The car puts power to the ground well with tires. I've seen some impressive 60 ft times are in awd territory. Maybe I sound like a fanboy.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what's the 0-60 without the z51? I like the fact the supra makes 430 to 450ish whp under $1000. Pretty impressive if you ask me. The car puts power to the ground well with tires. I've seen some impressive 60 ft times are in awd territory. Maybe I sound like a fanboy.
I actually don't know - I don't think I've seen anything about that metric yet. All I've seen are clickbaity article titles like this one (2020 C8 Corvette: 0-60 in under 3 seconds, starts below $60,000) that, at a first glance, would make you think that you're getting 0-60 in under 3 seconds for under $60k. I don't think I've seen anything about the base model other than the shift in focus from its 0-60 time to its top speed (194mph).

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
0-60 is a marketing metric these days for the Cars and Coffee crowd and hardly as meaningful as it was a decade or more ago. So many things can influence 0-60 making it about as useful as comparing WHP numbers from different dyno types. That said, almost assuredly the sub 3-sec 0-60 with the Z51 package, specifically, is due to the Pilot Sport 4S vs. the all-season tires in the base package.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually don't know - I don't think I've seen anything about that metric yet. All I've seen are clickbaity article titles like this one (2020 C8 Corvette: 0-60 in under 3 seconds, starts below $60,000) that, at a first glance, would make you think that you're getting 0-60 in under 3 seconds for under $60k. I don't think I've seen anything about the base model other than the shift in focus from its 0-60 time to its top speed (194mph).
194 mph lol better be going down hill