Do you need a tune with Pure800 turbo?

cdrkimball100

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
I was wondering if you need to have a tune with the Pure800 turbo. Because I can't get a tune on my 2021. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I was wondering if you need to have a tune with the Pure800 turbo. Because I can't get a tune on my 2021. Thanks in advance.
If your asking this question, you really donā€™t need to be modding youā€™re car and just remain stock..............

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Short answer is Yes. More than likely you will get a check engine light as the car tries to react to the bigger turbo.

Are you sure that your 2021 canā€™t be tuned? If it was an early 2020 production built car there is a high probability you can tune it. You can check the ECU decal to know for sure.

-RJM

OP
OP
cdrkimball100

cdrkimball100

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
If your asking this question, you really donā€™t need to be modding youā€™re car and just remain stock..............
Thanks dick head. *You're. If you can't spell you shouldn't be leaving comments. Please explain why people are advertising these work with all 2021 models then.....

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks dick head. *You're. If you can't spell you shouldn't be leaving comments. Please explain why people are advertising these work with all 2021 models then.....
Did you just call someone a dick head and then be a dick head right back?

Just because they physically fit onto the 2021s doesn't mean it will automatically work. If you had an unlocked ECU then yea. You could 100% get this to work but if you don't tune you're going to likely damage to your engine. Most people don't recommend even doing a catless downpipe without a tune because of potential damage so imagine a big ass turbo...

Take a look at some of the other threads to determine if you have an unlocked ECU. Then go and talk with a tuner. Lots of other mods you can do though to get power first.

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

They physically fit on the car but your ECU wonā€™t recognize it without a tune. Your car will be throwing codes left and right and youā€™ll possibly blow your engine.

Do some more research on this platform before even considering a tune dude.

You can look at your ECU for now to see if itā€™s tunable. Needs to have been made before 06/2020. Itā€™s easy to pull out and check. Takes 2 minutes.

OP
OP
cdrkimball100

cdrkimball100

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
Did you just call someone a dick head and then be a dick head right back?

Just because they physically fit onto the 2021s doesn't mean it will automatically work. If you had an unlocked ECU then yea. You could 100% get this to work but if you don't tune you're going to likely damage to your engine. Most people don't recommend even doing a catless downpipe without a tune because of potential damage so imagine a big ass turbo...

Take a look at some of the other threads to determine if you have an unlocked ECU. Then go and talk with a tuner. Lots of other mods you can do though to get power first.

But WHY are they saying it works with ALL 2021. I guess I should have asked that in the first place.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm sure they assume you are tuning the car with the turbo.
They should put in fine print, ā€œtuning is requiredā€ for the neewbs that this car brings out....

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
there have been a couple guys get away with the pure stage 1 on their ā€™40iā€™s and a JB4, so that might work here. I dont think anyone has tried with the supra specifically.

something like a pure 800 thats a bigger change to the compressor and different turbine that affects not only flow but also ramp up speed will be too far outside parameters to work outside of tuning.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I've talked to Pure Drivetrain Solutions about their stage 1 transmissions and people not having issues.

I was going to try to reach out to Pure Turbos to see if they had any input for this. But I already know the answer to the question is going to be no. It is just too big of a change.

If you are going to play the waiting game for this ECU unlock then I'd probably spend the funds to rebuild the transmission first.