• Total voters

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
So my wife and I started watching a show “One Piece” and it’s good, not gonna lie. It’s based off of a Japanese cartoon I guess and after we started watching it all these cartoons starting showing up in the suggested area. So I guess my question is: do adults really watch cartoons? I see a lot of cars with weird cartoon stickers and they’re not being driven by kids! Is this a thing now days?
Sponsored

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I used to watch a lot of anime when I was in school. Harder to find time these days ironically, but still try to watch some here and there. I think anime really blew up during COVID.

Fun fact, One Piece has been airing since 1999 and it would probably take you a lifetime to watch every single season 😂

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Dragon ball z was the last cartoon/anime I watched during childhood.

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Right, Transformers was probably my last to watch when I was like 9, but I guess grown men still watch cartoons, is this real???

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, this is real life with real people enjoying their interests and hobbies! Wild!

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Yes, currently re-watching all of Dragon Ball Z ! My wife never watched it whereas I grew up with it, now she's hooked ❤

One Piece is supposed to be amazing, I watched it when I was a kid and after Dragon Ball I think I'm ready to re-watch it properly!

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Right, Transformers was probably my last to watch when I was like 9, but I guess grown men still watch cartoons, is this real???
I may be old but I'll consider growing up after I'm dead. ;)

I find many anime/manga series (seinen titles more than shonen, naturally) to be much more intellectually challenging and diverse than any of the live action crap put out by hollywood these days. Not to mention the artwork is exceptional in many titles.

One of my favorites is Monster - a dark psychological thriller, and definitely not for children. Along with classics like Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Perfect Blue, etc... there's much more meat to those "cartoons" than the vast majority of TV and movies produced domestically. Even some of the shonen titles can be deep at times, but they're mostly just mindless entertainment (Bleach, Inuyasha, etc.).

Some great horror titles out there too like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (originally it was a video game franchise) - total nightmare fuel that is made way more creepy by the cute character artwork.

Is it weird to be 50 and watching cartoons? Probably... but then again I think it's weird that most lazy, overweight adults spend every weekend watching other people play sports while eating junk food on their couches. :p