Watch out for narcs!

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
There is some complex sociobiology and evolutionary psychology going on here. When is it ok to tell and when is it a violation that undermines social cohesion. When do you praise the teller for being a brave whistle blower and when does the group sanction the person as…well..a “narc?”

Lying at least at SOME level is important to interpersonal relationships and social order. Lying at lease at SOME level is corrosive and undermines social cohesion. That’s the bitch of it. This is true again for being a narc.

And layer onto it culture. Oh, then it gets complex, because all of this is influenced by cultural norms.

y’all discussing some heavy shit here.
Sponsored

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Quite a bit, I'd say.

Whatever though, time to go eat some snacks with @puzzled and @ikeaboy. It's raining here so I can't really drive anyway.

You guys wanna pick the movie, or should I?
You can pick as long as it's not set in Illinois.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Damn, so Wayne's World is out.
It has Farley in it and I cannot rule it out because then I would be excluding Tommy Boy (Zalinsky Auto HQ in Chicago). I'll allow it. Plus we can reenact the backstage passes scene at the Alice Cooper concert with our vaccine cards or Fake IDs. Don't want to make it political.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
It has Farley in it and I cannot rule it out because then I would be excluding Tommy Boy (Zalinsky Auto HQ in Chicago). I'll allow it. Plus we can reenact the backstage passes scene at the Alice Cooper concert with our vaccine cards or Fake IDs. Don't want to make it political.
Alice Cooper is Wayne's World 2.

s1nrgy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 3.0 Supra Premium
Not gonna go through 8 pages of comments but what the owner with the JB4 said was that Toyota of America flagged his VIN and he is no longer eligible for any warranty work. Dude sold the car at a loss to him and brought negative equity to his new car.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
Not gonna go through 8 pages of comments but what the owner with the JB4 said was that Toyota of America flagged his VIN and he is no longer eligible for any warranty work. Dude sold the car at a loss to him and brought negative equity to his new car.
but did the tech who Narced get a "atta boy" from his boss? lmao....employee just saved corporation monies and most likely will not get a raise/bonus/ or for that matter even a thank you.....this guy accomplished nothing but being a total Doucher.....i hope his boss gets him a starbucks gift card to help get that shit smell and taste off his nose and upper lip.....i stand by my statement that the narc needs to get a life and most likely some pussy and he may discover there are more things to do in life than aspire to being a straight Karen

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Ok, so the result will be the same. So who cares, like why does it even matter at this point? Also didn't the guy with the blown engine made the original post on FB for the whole world to see?
I didn't see the original post. Did he posted it on his own timeline or on a group/page?

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
The thing that gets me is when there is a whistleblower inside a company (or country) - those same executives (or bureaucrats) lose their shit about the "traitor" and immediately fire (or imprison/execute) said individual.

It's all well and good if you're turning in car tuners, tax evaders, or families having Thanksgiving dinner in a pandemic... but expose massive domestic spying operations and watch out! :oops:

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
When a red-light runner totalled my first Supra, a witness told the insurance company on them. The witness wasn't a narc or a rat, they were a concerned citizen who wanted to prevent an injustice. Would the witness be a rat if my car had instead been owned by Toyota? No.

It's okay to call out crooks.
As I post earlier, the same idiots who think its ok to decieve the company they bought their car from also will scream the world is corrupt, but its ok in their eyes to ask for damage they caused to be covered by warranty. I dont care if a rat called it out. Pay to play or dont modify your car. You take the risk-- you suffer its consequences. Dont like it ride a bike and fk you!

JagTech

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red Supra 3.0 Premium
Here’s my thought, the guy that posted that on the Toyota tech forum needs his ass beat for being a snitch, the Toyota tech that helped get the enthusiast’s claim denied isnt any better, by getting the claim denied he cost himself, the service advisor, the parts person, the service manager and the owner of the car most of all money the only one who saved any money is Toyota a 236 BILLION dollar corporation. I’m a master technician and foreman for 21 years now ( not for Toyota ) just cause the car is tuned or modified doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what caused the failure ( doesn’t mean it didn’t either ). All I’m saying is snitches get stitches, the company isn’t hurting for money, and will never even know that you “saved them money“ or even give a shit about you or an engine. Also not condoning fraudulent warrenty claims. People just need to mind there own business.
Sponsored