oreobbq
Well-Known Member
Is this a big back issue? Lol kidding. Dumb question, it’s not the seat back rubbing on that silver brace bar right? My passengers like to recline the seat back like they’re in a lounge chair by the pool.
Sponsored
My 23 has done this occasionally since it was new. It doesn't bother me enough to take it to a dealer for warranty replacement. I'm more concerned about the upholstery not being installed perfectly afterwards, so it's a write-off for meI recently purchased a 2026 Supra. I noticed that when getting into the car, the seat makes a clunk sound. If I raise my butt, and sit back down it makes the noise again. Has anyone had this issue?
I checked the bolts, everything is tight. The seat does not move back and forth. It only makes a clunk when sitting. But once seated, no noise. I haven't had the noise come back, maybe I had to "break it in" since it is new.The clunk is usually caused by a loose seat track bolt, a shifting seat frame weldment, or a faulty height adjustment mechanism.
Take it straight to the dealership. Since it is a brand-new 2026 model, this will be fully covered under your factory warranty. Let them duplicate the sound and torque down the seat frame bolts or replace the track assembly.
190lb, 5'9 on a good day. No, the seat is not touching the brace. I sat in the passenger seat as well, and no noise, just the driver side.Is this a big back issue? Lol kidding. Dumb question, it’s not the seat back rubbing on that silver brace bar right? My passengers like to recline the seat back like they’re in a lounge chair by the pool.
Reason why I created this tbh. Wanted to see if others had any success with a replacement. If not, not worth having the dealership causing more issues.My 23 has done this occasionally since it was new. It doesn't bother me enough to take it to a dealer for warranty replacement. I'm more concerned about the upholstery not being installed perfectly afterwards, so it's a write-off for me![]()