Ducktail Spoiler

Spencerbp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra 2.0
Hi guys, first thread post on here so apologies if I’ve not posted in the correct place.

I was recently looking at adding a ducktail spoiler to my A90 but curious on if it had any affect of peoples insurance much?
Sponsored

Ruman

First Name
Ruman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
I have never heard of mods affecting someone's insurance rates, at least here in the States (unless you are also insuring the mods). Usually most people don't even tell the insurance about the mods.

In the UK, do they required you to report all modifications in the car and factor those into your insurance rates? Even if they do, it shouldn't affect much since those spoiler are basically a cosmetic mod.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I'm pretty sure you will be fine mane.

Here in California they are super strict on what you put on your car, so I feel any cosmetic modification wont hurt you at all. Unless you're doing widebody on a lease then yeah they might make a big deal.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hi guys, first thread post on here so apologies if I’ve not posted in the correct place.

I was recently looking at adding a ducktail spoiler to my A90 but curious on if it had any affect of peoples insurance much?
Yeah they will ask and potentially could affect it slightly. If it's HP or PCP then technically you should inform them as well (or worse, get permission, especially for PCP).

Look forward to photos 😃

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Im a UK resident with a ducktail spoiler - its a minor uplift in cost but one thing to watch out for: Because it is a mod loads of insurers wont touch it so it takes some options away. Im with Admiral and they are fine with it but wont replace it if you get in an accident.

As a side note, The added weight due to the distance from the hinge does effect the hatch release. If your car is new you may not notice right away but the catch and struts get a little lazy after a year or so too.

OP
OP

Spencerbp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra 2.0
Appreciate the replies everyone, thank you. Looks like I'm best just giving my insurance a call and asking if/what the increase may be.
I was hoping as it would be a simple stick on lip spoiler they would think its nothing major but I'm guessing they will hear "spoiler" and instantly assume Mods

Crimzon_Skyz

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra 3.0 Pro
Appreciate the replies everyone, thank you. Looks like I'm best just giving my insurance a call and asking if/what the increase may be.
I was hoping as it would be a simple stick on lip spoiler they would think its nothing major but I'm guessing they will hear "spoiler" and instantly assume Mods
Its definitely not major, sometimes as little as £10 if anything. If your insurer is fine with it they may not charge at all but it may go up on renewal. Would absolutely check with your current supplier.

Kr155

First Name
Kriss
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 pro
Should be fine I have a R44 performance Duck tail, the insurance company weren’t interested and they only 3M tape on so easy to remove.
IMG_1359.jpeg

Malcolm Feth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Depends on insurance. Admiral doesn't care, for example. If you go with classic line insurance, they won't care about any mods.

Ducktail is fitted with double side tape, so non-intrusive. Just get one, stick it on and enjoy. You can remove it at any time.