Dumb Question on plates :-(

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I’ve looked all around and can’t find the answer. Could someone tell me what type of screw the back license plate takes and where to buy?
One fell off somehow so I’m rolling around with one. I went to two different auto shops with no luck and couldn’t find it at Lowe’s.
Sponsored

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I cannot find the license plate screws within the Toyota parts diagrams for whatever reason, however I’m guessing it may be BMW 07119906254.

The part should only be around $1, so may be worth hitting up your local BMW dealer. Please post back if you confirm it’s correct.

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I’ve looked all around and can’t find the answer. Could someone tell me what type of screw the back license plate takes and where to buy?
One fell off somehow so I’m rolling around with one. I went to two different auto shops with no luck and couldn’t find it at Lowe’s.
Just go back to the Toyota dealer you bought the car from? They give it for free.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Call me a skeptic but I’d be surprised if Toyota dealers regularly stock this part as it’s likely not used on any other Toyota model, and those which are initially included on the Supra come from the factory (in the vehicle / PDI “kit”).

Surely Toyota can order it, but a BMW dealer is more likely to have them in stock. I suspect that’ll be a recurring theme with our cars ?.

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Call me a skeptic but I’d be surprised if Toyota dealers regularly stock this part as it’s likely not used on any other Toyota model, and those which are initially included on the Supra come from the factory (in the vehicle / PDI “kit”).

Surely Toyota can order it, but a BMW dealer is more likely to have them in stock. I suspect that’ll be a recurring theme with our cars ?.
Wish Toyota just did a contract with BMW dealers to have Supra’s serviced there and cut all the headache. EVERY time I’ve gone in to get service or something done it’s the same dance with Toyota: we can’t touch the car, it’s special, you have to leave it, you need a special trained mechanic to touch it, that mechanic is busy, etc.

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the help. Just left toyota and they said the previous screw is broke off in there so that’s why none I’ve bought fit. I can’t see it but he said it’s there and they would have to drill another hole which is like $110 a hour or something :-(

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Thanks for the help. Just left toyota and they said the previous screw is broke off in there so that’s why none I’ve bought fit. I can’t see it but he said it’s there and they would have to drill another hole which is like $110 a hour or something :-(
wow, they want to charge you for a warranty issue? That screw shouldn’t break it but if it did, they should help you out.

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wow, they want to charge you for a warranty issue? That screw shouldn’t break it but if it did, they should help you out.
yeah I went to the closest Toyota dealer (which happens to be the shadiest). I’m going to call my normal Toyota dealer tomorrow. They treat customers better but just a further drive.
When I went he didn’t even offer to put screws in the bottom slots and then told me to go to the dealer I got it from. I just rolled my eyes and left. Knew I shouldn’t have even gone there.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Agreed with the above posts that this should be handled under warranty if the dealer broke the screw off (if it was done by the owner...not really a warranty thing).

That aside, I believe the rear license plate is mounted to the rear bumper via 2 screws, and the license plate is then mounted to the bracket via 4 screws. If the broken screw is one of the 4 holding the license plate, it should be possible to replace the bracket itself.
Although I cannot find a clear Toyota diagram for the bracket, it may (confirm with your dealer before order) be Toyota Part #57669-WAA02.

Looks similar, but I can't say if identical, to the brackets BMW places on their other vehicles. Here's an image from ECS tuning for BMW part #51188238061:
1608737617846.png

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Afaik there is a plastic clip inside the bumper to hold the screw. I've taken off the mount on top of it, the ECS part, to align, that looks like this or like the below images...
Screw may have broken in this part
A22051-1.jpg

61pcXLandjL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Screenshot_20201223-110212_Amazon Shopping.png

Last edited:

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
Just take the bracket off and use These. One on each corner of the plate, its how mine is mounted. Only downside is you can't run a plate frame

OP
OP

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just take the bracket off and use These. One on each corner of the plate, its how mine is mounted. Only downside is you can't run a plate frame
Thanks for the link! I don’t use a license plate Fran anyway.
Do you think it’ll hold if I go through a car wash every now & then? I don’t much but sometimes if it’s real cold out and it’s real dirty I do lol.

Also, I ended up finding a screw to fit into the top right. Maybe because it’s a smaller screw it still fits, idk lol.
Sponsored