DYNO Testing Session - Recommendations?

LMNFCTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'll be DYNO testing the Supra this week, after having them accidentally break the rear ride height sensor the first time. Any recommendations on what feedback I can provide them regarding strapping the car down, i.e. strap to this area, but not this... etc? I'm all set with the "how to" perform the test, and no, I'm not going to a different dyno. I'm simply trying to avoid a repeat of the first wasted session, by being able to provide them with some feedback. Thank you.
Sponsored

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
I know you said yr not going to a different dyno. I just wouldn't, if they don't know how to properly strap the car down, why would you trust them again? You shouldn't have to tell them how to hook up yr car properly. You should never have to tell people you are paying for a service, how to properly complete said service.

Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Objectively, it sounds like neither you nor the shop are qualified to do what you’re asking.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yeah, you tell them to watch out for the ride height sensor. They're prone to break. If they're worth their salt they'll tie it down correctly and watch for the ride height sensor. Also make sure they don't strap the front wheels and use caster arms.

OP
OP
LMNFCTR

LMNFCTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, you tell them to watch out for the ride height sensor. They're prone to break. If they're worth their salt they'll tie it down correctly and watch for the ride height sensor. Also make sure they don't strap the front wheels and use caster arms.
Thank you - a helpful response.

OP
OP
LMNFCTR

LMNFCTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Objectively, it sounds like neither you nor the shop are qualified to do what you’re asking.
Really... you gathered all that from my post. Thanks for the help :rolleyes: