EcuTek my 1 Month review

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
My Supra was tuned by Marin and I am in CA also. Nothing to worry about, the car feel like stock but stronger, and Marin will work with you to have the map working to your needs. As for torque and HP, I can only speak from the logs, but with E50 the peak was 750 Nm of torque and like ~430 kW (~570 hp) to the crank, here the logs:

https://datazap.me/u/000camus000/e50-v1-log-4-hard-pull-50-120-mph?log=0&data=2-8-9-34&zoom=116-421

With 91 Oct the peak was ~ 640 Nm and 365 kW:

https://datazap.me/u/000camus000/91-oct-v5-evening-runs-21Ā°c?log=0&data=2-6-7-32&zoom=179-433

TLDR: The mods are AMS DP, Verus heatshield and at the time MST Intake, now I moved to Eventuri, but the performance is almost the same. I think it's more than enough power, for 91 Oct those 365 kW are ~489 hp to the crank, like 420 whp. For E50 430 kW ~576 hp to the crank, like 500 whp, maybe a bit more. And this is consistent with what people is seeing on the dyno.

Edit: Folsom? do you also work at Intel?
I find your Ecutek logs confusing. eg. your Boost Pressure Target is 2560 hpa which equals around 37 psi.
Sponsored

Nathwraith

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2022 Aston DBX 707
Going back to the OP.
My car (Ecutek, catless downpipe pipe, 437whp) makes the same annoying low rpm, light load vibration/buzzing.

Messaged my tuner about it so weā€™ll see!

whoop_ass

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
this low load trans shifting is all TCU related no matter which tune you choose, MHD ecutek bm3 etc
once they figure a way around the TCU tune it will fix this problem, XHP is struggling with encryption on it, they estimate 2nd Quarter 2021 there should be Flashes for 8hp51 on the Supra

no tuner can fix that for you, it's not tune related!

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
So itā€™s been about a month since I first loaded Ecutek onto my Supra and let me tell you its been one hell of a month.

My Mods: Titan Downpipe and AFE drop in filter

My initial impressions can be found here. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ecutek-tuning-stage-1-2-tuning-91-93-e30-tunes-now-available.4959/

So one month in what has changed good bad. General questions I've been asked about what is ecutek.

Iā€™ve bounced from a few maps e30-e50 maps, mainly, and quite a few revisions as the platform grows and so does the data allowing Tuners such as mine (@Marin@GoodSpeed ) to use that data and build better and more efficient maps. Whatā€™s this mean for the end user, you and me? A Smile you canā€™t wipe off your face every time you drive the car. OEM like driveability with an insane feeling of power behind it.

The Good: Power is insane, Driveability is not compromised, and you know that feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins giving you that heart pumping laugh/grin, well it happens every time I press the gas.

SMOOTH I canā€™t reiterate that the car feels OEM. I tend to refer to Marinā€™s tuning as OEM+++

Same ASTOUNDING customer service Iā€™ve had from the start, I feel like this man would be tired of hearing or talking about the Supra and its capabilities, but Marin has been nothing but stand up honest and extremely communicative.

Honestly havenā€™t had much trouble or anything bad to say about ECUTEK aside from the app timing out when switching out of the app and back in and the only way for me to reconnect and get the obd2 data is to turn the car off and back on again ( this is on an Android phone S20 Ultra)

General Questions Iā€™ve been asked in the month that Iā€™ve had it.
Price: Prices vary by tuner theyā€™ve all set their own, Remember this is a Custom Tune not an off the shelf tune. OTS tunes are great baselines for cars, baselines...

Itā€™s not the cheapest option out there but you really do get what you pay for.

Experience setting the car up to be tuned: Pretty simple and the first time loading a tune onto the vehicle will take about 10-15 minutes. Ecutek OBD2 bluetooth adapter into obd2> plug in usb cable into the adapter and then into your laptop> identify vehicle> unlock> program ecu.
After the first time doing it I can load a tune in about a minute.

User Friendly: Everything is very straightforward and easy to use Data Logging is as easy as pressing a button in the app.

Comparing it to other tunes:

This is where things get a bit unfair, But i feel like I have a pretty good understanding on how to answer this. Iā€™ve had JB4, great for what it is, he provides great support and for a piggy back it's awesome. It really feels like it adds power, but I felt like I was lying to the car kind of overriding some of the precautions the car comes with to make sure everything is safe. So I switched to an ECU tune. I used BM3, an OTS tune. Again the car felt great at the time I used it. Fast had great power and I felt a little more at ease knowing the car was getting all the correct data it needed to to perform at that level.

Now that Iā€™m on Ecutek, I would never go back to anything else. You never know what you're missing until you have it and this is head over heels better in any way you can think of except you canā€™t flash maps from your phone.

All in all the experience has been amazing. The car is a different beast and I canā€™t wait to drive it everyday. Thank you again Ecutek I canā€™t wait to see what your bringing to the platform ( oh yea I forgot to add that the tuning suite is still being developed growing and becoming more powerful Fingers crossed RACEROM comes soon)

Marin is killing it! I know I already gave this man props but he made my decision so much easier and knowing he's behind what he does gives me great peace of mind.

20200324_121954.jpg
How much is everything needed for the ecutek with the mod? I plan to run 93 octane stage 2 with downpipe and switch to ethanol. I also plan to keep it on normal mode for when I have to make 2 hour + road trips.
Sponsored