Electroniclly height controlled coilovers?

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
blah blah blah
I'm sure you're aware that some super cars come with an actuator system that lifts the car on the fly when needed, that was my original inquiry, if our cars had that aftermarket option available to them? That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

All this other nonsense you're trying to sell me on is honestly a waste of energy, I said I didn't want bags or an air suspension. Your suggestion, although apprecaited, again, NOT what I'm looking for. I"m not sure how many times I need to explain to you. You could've ignored the thread or just said no and either would've been a better answer than what you decided to offer as a reply. Thanks, but again, not what I'm looking for.
Sponsored

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
[
I'm sure you're aware that some super cars come with an actuator system that lifts the car on the fly when needed, that was my original inquiry, if our cars had that aftermarket option available to them? That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

All this other nonsense you're trying to sell me on is honestly a waste of energy, I said I didn't want bags or an air suspension. Your suggestion, although apprecaited, again, NOT what I'm looking for. I"m not sure how many times I need to explain to you. You could've ignored the thread or just said no and either would've been a better answer than what you decided to offer as a reply. Thanks, but again, not what I'm looking for.
Iā€™m aware of the systems youā€™re referring to, yea. It was just a good chuckle because the system you said youā€™d ā€œbe the first customer for as soon as itā€™s availableā€ is air cups/air suspension which had been suggested and according to you isnā€™t what youā€™re looking for.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
[

Iā€™m aware of the systems youā€™re referring to, yea. It was just a good chuckle because the system you said youā€™d ā€œbe the first customer for as soon as itā€™s availableā€ is air cups/air suspension which had been suggested and according to you isnā€™t what youā€™re looking for.
Correct, it's not. The iLIFT system uses an Air compressor which would technically make it an air system, but it's far from bags and the systems I've seen offered to NSX's and similar cars have actuators without air compressors, so it can be done. My question was, is this available for our cars. If I wanted bags, I know how to find bags.

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Correct, it's not. The iLIFT system uses an Air compressor which would technically make it an air system, but it's far from bags and the systems I've seen offered to NSX's and similar cars have actuators without air compressors, so it can be done. My question was, is this available for our cars. If I wanted bags, I know how to find bags.
oh youā€™re right I see itā€™s air to push a piston instead of fill a bag. The fortunate auto ones I linked earlier are also piston driven instead of bags. Same system.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
:popcorn:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

PREDATOR786

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
EX: 1994 Toyota Corolla AE92 Twincam 16V Turbo (Jade Green). EX: 2006 VW Jetta MKV 2.0 FSi Sportline (Black). EX: 2018 Toyota C-HR 1.2T Plus CVT (Nebula Blue). Current: 2020 Toyota GR Supra (Prominence Red)
Sorry to revive this post, but did you find a solution to this, OP?

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I recently had a student who had bag on his supra. From passenger seat, following is my feeling on bag.

- It's a cool system that I wish I had it in my first s2000 when I used to go to Hot Import Night 20 years ago. being able to adjust height at your commend is awesome.
- On the track, system was keep pumping and hissing out air through turns. it was notable when I saw student's input to steering was abrupt. Even when his input was better, it would hiss out or pump time to time.
- I could not feel what the car is doing. usually, I can feel why car would over/under steer as well as has grip or not.. My senses were numb. couldn't really gauge to tell student what needs to be done to improve.
- for some reason on last session, those hissing and pumping did not occur. I wonder if there was setting he had set.. I forgot to ask him..
- I was wondering if you change height, it skews alignment... if so, by how much?
- In my opinion, it could be a good for street, but if you want to learn how to drive faster on track, use conventional suspension.

OP
OP
FnkDrSpok

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Sorry to revive this post, but did you find a solution to this, OP?
Unfortunately, no. I stopped looking and just went with springs. Iā€™m experiencing some rub on the outside edge of my tires from them being wide and on spacers. I wonder if just went with a 305 and no spacer, would it be the same?
Sponsored