Coilovers hard to adjust height in rear

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
Hi all,

I am in the process of installing bc coils on the soup and am noticing its almost impossible to adjust the ride height on the rear of the car while the springs are installed. Is this normal? The spanner wrenches provided literally collide with everything making it very troublesome to even turn the rings. Thanks
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Yes, normal, a lot of preload on the rear.

To decrease the ride height a lot it may be easier to just remove the springs to make the adjustment.

To increase the ride height it shouldn’t be so bad as the preload won’t be fighting against you. Still not that fun.

In either case it will be much easier to make adjustments on the front.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Hi all,

I am in the process of installing bc coils on the soup and am noticing its almost impossible to adjust the ride height on the rear of the car while the springs are installed. Is this normal? The spanner wrenches provided literally collide with everything making it very troublesome to even turn the rings. Thanks
I used this vid as a reference to adjust the front/rear of BCC on both Honda short time before switching over to KW for minor clunky noise issues in the cold winter weather. For the rear, adjustments were only possible after the installation was completed for the leverage. It will be impossible to make adjustments while it’s free loading before the install. Hondas on BCC after the adjustments. Great coil overs by the way! Hope this helps.

Last edited:

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Hi all,

I just pulled mine off to adjust them. The rears pop out pretty easy so it’s not a big deal.