MCS Coilovers - Recommend a Shop

Guppy3.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra, 2010 Sequoia, 1994 MR2
Hello, I'm looking to get a set of mcs 2wnr. What shop do you recommend purchasing from? The car will be a weekend cruiser to take through some twisty canyons. It will see a couple track days a year, nothing crazy on the track. Racewerkz offers a complete ready to bolt on C/O. Karceptz, vorshlag, and AR motorsports all come up in searches as well.

I saw with racewerkz they have a rear option as "coilover" or divorced, what is the difference here?

I'll likely install coilovers, sway bars (front and rear), as well as spl end links all at the same time.

If anybody has recommendations, feedback, or opinions, I'm all ears. I haven't played in the Sportscar world since a back when a couple SR20's pulled a premium two weeks before racewars and I was running around in S13 240sx's.
Sponsored

SupraNXG7

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Mcs good shit, I have the same thing would highly recommend but not touching the rear sway bar. Try it with Vorshlag 👍

OP
OP

Guppy3.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you, I was just reading another post about running afe front sway on mid setting with stock rear sway and they seemed to like it. What front sway bar are you running @SupraNXG7?

SupraNXG7

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thank you, I was just reading another post about running afe front sway on mid setting with stock rear sway and they seemed to like it. What front sway bar are you running @SupraNXG7?
Eibach swaybar, hardest setting.
rear you want to be soft on a rwd setup. Stiff in front for more direct cornering while rear gets softer for more grip

SupraNXG7

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Also have you seen afe sway bar? Its thin… like my eibach is double the thickness of it lol

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
We can get it for you but MCS has really tight margins. Feel free to text/email/pm us.

-Josh

Ryan T

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Karcepts is where I got mine. I know of several Supras that got theirs from there. Brian is awesome to work with.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
Can you order through MCS directly?

Divorced means the spring is separate from the shock, similar to the OEM setup. Seems most just switch to the traditional non-divorced setup for weight savings.

The OEM was engineered for a divorced setup, so some may have load bearing concerns. This may have been more of an issue for older BMW chassis but nobody knows for sure how the Supra chassis will handle the load.

Have you considered Penskes? Similar price range. Heard they have great support.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
You mentioned you'll only see a few track events per year. MCS, JRZ, and Penske are a bit of an overkill for a mostly street driven car. One step down would be Ohlins Road and Track. Their spring rates are a bit softer and should be better suited for street use. Not to mention it's harder to mess up single adjustable shocks compared to double/triple adjustables.

I would do the coilovers first before touching sway bars. See how you like the balance first by adjusting the shocks. Then fine tune front and rear balance with sway bars

OP
OP

Guppy3.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You mentioned you'll only see a few track events per year. MCS, JRZ, and Penske are a bit of an overkill for a mostly street driven car. One step down would be Ohlins Road and Track. Their spring rates are a bit softer and should be better suited for street use. Not to mention it's harder to mess up single adjustable shocks compared to double/triple adjustables.

I would do the coilovers first before touching sway bars. See how you like the balance first by adjusting the shocks. Then fine tune front and rear balance with sway bars
I know they're definitely overkill and I have looked at ohlins, it's definitely an option. I'm a buy once cry once type of person. Most of the people I've talked to about going the mcs route have the opinion that the car still rides better than using lower quality CO's. That could also just be them justifying the money spent on mcs. Also that's sound advice with regard to coilovers first then install sways later. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It is keeping me on the fence for ohlins and saving some money I could put toward wheels and tires

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I know they're definitely overkill and I have looked at ohlins, it's definitely an option. I'm a buy once cry once type of person. Most of the people I've talked to about going the mcs route have the opinion that the car still rides better than using lower quality CO's. That could also just be them justifying the money spent on mcs. Also that's sound advice with regard to coilovers first then install sways later. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! It is keeping me on the fence for ohlins and saving some money I could put toward wheels and tires
the lower quality stuff from BC, HKS, and Tein don’t ride well due to poor valving. But they’re also much cheaper so you kind of get what you paid for. They’re meant for the stance crowd.

Ohlins Road and Track are in the middle. They ride well but are about 2k cheaper than the MCS/JRZ/Penske stuff.

Of course if money was not an object, it would be easy to go with the MCS/JRZ/Penske.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Eibach swaybar, hardest setting.
rear you want to be soft on a rwd setup. Stiff in front for more direct cornering while rear gets softer for more grip
Sounds like a recipe for understeer??
Sponsored