Evolution Racewerks Competition Series Downpipe

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these (http://evolutionracewerks.com/node/340). Is there any reason not to get the additional O2 sensor and EGT bungs even though I won't be using them right away? They both come plugged. I can't think of any, but wanted to get the experts opinions before I send them money. I know one consideration is leaking, but I wouldn't expect that from a product of this quality.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these (http://evolutionracewerks.com/node/340). Is there any reason not to get the additional O2 sensor and EGT bungs even though I won't be using them right away? They both come plugged. I can't think of any, but wanted to get the experts opinions before I send them money. I know one consideration is leaking, but I wouldn't expect that from a product of this quality.
No need for an additional wideband bung. The car already comes with a wideband.

EGT bung is up to you.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
No need for an additional wideband bung. The car already comes with a wideband.

EGT bung is up to you.
This is excellent information and the reason I ask the pros. Thank you, sir.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
As a follow-up to this, I placed the order around noon (catless, ceramic coated, no EGT bung), paid the invoice within an hour, and received the shipping notification with tracking number. Scheduled delivery is next Tuesday. Quality outfit. Will post pics when I receive it. I don't remember seeing much about this downpipe here on the forum, likely because of the cost of their catless ("competition") product.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
The price for the catless, ceramic, with no EGT bung shipped was $675, BTW.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I would not get either one; you'll never use it.

It already comes with stock O2 sensor bungs which is all you need.

BTW Evolution Racewerk's quality is second to none, it's one of the very few companies that still make their products in the US

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Received the downpipe a day early. @Extreme Power House, you weren't kidding - this thing is a quality piece of kit. It was expensive for a ceramic coated steel pipe, but hot damn. I don't know much about metalworking, but I've seen hundreds of different exhaust components over time, and this is one of the highest quality I've had in my hands. Goes on the car November 4th. I imagine with the AWE track exhaust it will be... a bit loud.

PXL_20221010_173618988 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20221010_174810508 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20221010_174830582 - Copy.jpg

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
As a follow-up to this, fitment was perfect, and it is... a bit loud. I got this piece put on along with a lot of other stuff, but this was the only thing motor-related that would have increased power. Even without redoing the JB4 map for it, the car feels much quicker with the catless downpipe on it vs. the AA catted. Totally subjective, but it was noticable.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
As a follow-up to this, fitment was perfect, and it is... a bit loud. I got this piece put on along with a lot of other stuff, but this was the only thing motor-related that would have increased power. Even without redoing the JB4 map for it, the car feels much quicker with the catless downpipe on it vs. the AA catted. Totally subjective, but it was noticable.
Congrats, glad you like it!
Sponsored