Exhaust for California?

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
I stay in socal and have boostlogic exhaust with valves and boostlogic downpipe.. lol never been pulled over
Sponsored

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
iPe also has what you're looking for. I got a reference image

1682978145000.png

Patar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Tungsten MK5 Supra (RIP), 2022 Nitro Yellow
The Magnaflow is pretty tame since you can put a muffler on the comfort side. I've driven next to LEOs and not even a glance (even in sport mode). If you want more noise, you can swap out the muffler to a straight pipe. On comfort mode it bounces from 88-93db. On Sport it bounced between 93-104db.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Yeah, I'm in SoCal always have had a modded exhaust. Mine is loud af often times. Even when pulled over, having my modded car has never gotten me a fix it ticket, I did once for no front plate on my ST (instead of a speeding ticket). Aside from that, get any exhaust you want and don't be driving around like a douche and you should normally be good.

activeSF

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
This,

when I paid a visit to the state referee of the great state of California he measured my stock exhaust at 94.6 (.4 under) he even said some tests were above 95 as a fully stock 2021. If you’re worried about decibels don’t get an exhaust tbh. I think the afe takeda Is valved and pretty quiet.

btw the referee does a visual check, if you get a ticket you’ll need to go to stock anywat
can I message you with some questions?

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Hello all,

I live in California and looking for an exhaust for my MK5. I want to be able to leave the car in normal mode and stay at or under (similar to stock exhaust) 95db (the legal limit in CA). However, when put into sport mode, it opens the valves and becomes louder and sounds better. Additionally, it must be cat-back so that it is still legal (except for when in sport mode). I know Fi-Exhausts makes a catback exhaust for the supra that does have a valve system, however, the normal mode is well above 95db (119db). Does anyone know of any alternatives or am I out of luck? Thank you!
AWE or HKS (non burnt tips) for sure. Motors (motorcycle cops) are trained to identify burnt tips and if you are driving by and even if you close your valves, just them noticing the burnt tips is enough to pull you over. Happened to me in Orange County last month. I have the ARK DT-S system with burnt tips and the cop pulled me over instead of the loud ass Lambo that drove past me. Joke was on the motor because I am not tuned or have any performance upgrades aside from the exhaust. I got a fix it ticket and quickly took care of it.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
The Magnaflow is pretty tame since you can put a muffler on the comfort side. I've driven next to LEOs and not even a glance (even in sport mode). If you want more noise, you can swap out the muffler to a straight pipe. On comfort mode it bounces from 88-93db. On Sport it bounced between 93-104db.
Magnaflow is the way to go, its modular with V-Clamps, easy to swap mufflers to straight pipes
Or visa/versa…..sorry u live in Kalifornia 😔

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
sorry u live in Kalifornia 😔
Guess your keyword notification was a little lazy this time, took you awhile.

I’ll ask again, why do you spell California with a K? Spare us the “it doesn’t mean anything” hand caught in the cookie jar BS.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Guess your keyword notification was a little lazy this time, took you awhile.

I’ll ask again, why do you spell California with a K? Spare us the “it doesn’t mean anything” hand caught in the cookie jar BS.
bry, he got banned LOL