Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure this one will fit either. I believe the factory tip would required 4.5" to slip over... this is 4.4".
Nope is 4.11 I measured it with my caliper,Fedex will deliver today, nicee, will mount and share pics on the pm

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys this is how it came out, Trully Im satisfied,INSTALL TIPS, 1)Sit the OEM Tip facing up, unscrew the 2 bolts from the new one, center to perfection and then with a sharpie through the new one,mark up where you will make your initial punches/pilot holes etc.You wont need to worry about the rear stub in favtory exhaust believe me.You will need a a 1/16 drill bit for the pilot hole and a1/4bit to finish the 2 holes needed per cover(see pic2)you need bigger bolts (pic attached) from the 2 pairs (NEEDED) I bought from Lowes in Stainless Steel, you will reuse the nuts LOL. 3) You need to install the Bolts from the inside out, add red locktite and then cut excess piece of bolt, why because you need that size of bolt in order to tight properly and bent the cover in order to be able to get a few turns around the nut, AS IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT WITH THE SUPPLIED BOLTS,also the size of the head in these bolts is perfect for you to be able to fully insert the oem back in place without any hiccups, in addition that will serve as security so no one can just unbolt them and steal them. YOU WILL HAVE A SLIGHT PIVOT PROBLEM (SWING EFFECT) OF A FEW MILLIMITERS WHICH I MITIGATED BY ADDING A SMALL PIECE OF CORK FROM A WINE BOTTLE!THE SET UP CAME OUT TIGHT! DAM I LIKE IT!!NOW LETS GET SOME POPCORN AND SEE HOW THE SHOW WILL PLAY OUT BETWEEN THE MEMBERS LMMAO

20200511_153038.jpg

20200511_153113.jpg

20200511_153255.jpg

20200511_141632.jpg

20200511_134912.jpg

20200511_155409.jpg

20200511_160902.jpg

20200511_161058.jpg

OP
OP
TURBOlence

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Thinking of bringing it to a muffler shop and chopping it and weld to fit the tips.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking of bringing it to a muffler shop and chopping it and weld to fit the tips.
If thats the route you going then buy a 3inch inlet to 4.5 inch outlet, I gave you guys a link up there,If planning ti shop off the 3 inch are, you will play with fire as it barely turns to 3 inches in the last curve! Good Luck!!

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
The exhaust tips should be able to be knocked off (standard for BMW) and you can slip on the new tips. If this is not possible, saw and weld/clamps is the way to do it. Muffler shop is a good idea to get it professionally done.

There have been a few odd homebrew solutions in this thread... which is a risk when something is done just for cosmetics and trying to save a few dollars along the way.

OP
OP
TURBOlence

TURBOlence

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The exhaust tips should be able to be knocked off (standard for BMW) and you can slip on the new tips. If this is not possible, saw and weld/clamps is the way to do it. Muffler shop is a good idea to get it professionally done.

There have been a few odd homebrew solutions in this thread... which is a risk when something is done just for cosmetics and trying to save a few dollars along the way.
Exactly! Looking for high quality carbon tips that are larger in diameter and weld it directly on to the stock exhaust to change up the tone a little, that was my original plan, not really into just putting the tips on top of the stock tips. Supr@freak23 is happy with his, I don't have anything against it, but its just not for me. I'll wait until I find the tips I really like, no rush for me.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly! Looking for high quality carbon tips that are larger in diameter and weld it directly on to the stock exhaust to change up the tone a little, that was my original plan, not really into just putting the tips on top of the stock tips. Supr@freak23 is happy with his, I don't have anything against it, but its just not for me. I'll wait until I find the tips I really like, no rush for me.
Im happy how it turned out for a $50 dollar investment, while I can come up with the cash for the HKS catback, this my any means is my final set up,nope, it actually looks kinda cheap and ricer compared to the real thing, although as is with the catless DP is loud enough for me, Im actually tunning down the sound by 10% when I add the BM3 OTS program, funds during Covid times are not infinite, so I made a temporary fix to my idea with some little cash, by the way this quarantine looks in FL, I will transition from that to the catback in 20 miles,as I aint driving my baby, mostly driving my truck!:(from a plane at 33k feet no one can see the difference,either at 120mph on the expressway, no car meets locally either for the time being! Good Luck to all ,KEEP SAFE, THIS WILL BE A LONG RIDE, I LOVE THIS FORUM !!